Customer Care Representative
- $20 Hourly
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Harris & Harris has over 50 years of experience in customer care and revenue recovery, specializing in the utilities, government, and healthcare markets. We’re looking for friendly, professional, and motivated Customer Care Representative to join our Utilities team. If you’re looking for a company that embraces the principles of respect, compassion and trust, please apply with us today!
Customer Care Representative – Utilities
The Customer Care Representative - Utilities will ensure customer satisfaction while processing payments and detailing their interactions.
Schedule: Monday through Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm OR 9:00am to 6:00pm, and every other Saturday - 10:00am to 1:00pm
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
At Harris & Harris, we truly care about each employee’s health, wellness, financial stability, and education. We are proud to offer each employee the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental insurances from premium providers
- 401K with matching
- Company paid Accident and Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, EAP, and Travel Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits such as identity theft protection, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, and more.
DAY TO DAY
- Maintaining a positive, professional attitude toward customers at all times, while ensuring customer satisfaction and providing a professional level of support
- Offering customers appropriate payment solutions based on their individual financial circumstances
- Processing payments and facilitating service orders to turn on or disconnect service
- Navigating multiple systems and using appropriately depending on the call type
- Creating detailed records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaint in SAP and CUBS (Columbia Ultimate Business Systems)
WHAT YOU MUST POSSESS
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a contact center/call center environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to type at 40 words per minute and talk simultaneously
- Ability to navigate multiple systems and use appropriately depending on call type
Nice To Have:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
WHY HARRIS & HARRIS?
Harris & Harris is a premier, full-service revenue recovery firm headquartered and founded in Chicago, IL. Founded in 1968, we have been in business for more than 50 years, and we specialize in the utilities, government, and healthcare markets.
The family business Sam Harris started is now a firm of more than 500 hundred employees including collections professionals and customer care representatives who employ the latest technology and best ethical practices to help businesses recover revenue and provide world class customer service.
We take pride in knowing what it takes to turn a call from "average" to "excellent." We have been delighting clients and customers for decades thanks to our outstanding employees. They make the difference every day, shift, and call and transform challenges into victories.
At Harris & Harris, we’re proud to be an organization where everyone is welcome and can be their authentic selves at work. We’re passionate about celebrating the differences that make each of us unique. Our culture focuses on our employees and we look for opportunities to recognize and celebrate together. We are an organization that cares about our people. From monthly activities, bonuses and contests, to competitive wages and benefits, we foster an environment where we employees feel valued.
We also are an organization that believes in the power of giving back. Our internal cross functional committee, Harris Cares, guides our philanthropic activities. We have partnered with organizations such as One Warm Coat, Greater Chicago Food Depository, American Cancer Society, Bright Pink, The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW), and Operation Stars and Stripes. Most recently we have partnered with local schools and charitable organizations to give back to our communities including the American Heart Association, Habitat for Humanity, A Just Harvest, and R. Nathaniel Dett Elementary School.
At Harris & Harris, everyone is important, and one person can make a difference for their colleagues, for our clients, and for our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Harris & Harris is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Harris & HarrisDetroit, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.