Drivers are responsible for pickup and delivery of products to customers in a safe and time efficient manner.
- Work schedule is Mon-Fri! Rarely work Weekends!
- All equipment provided
- Employee Owned
- Strong Core Values (We will take care of YOU!)
- Day Trips
Deliver and pick up products to customers and get receiving tickets signed.
- Act as the face of the Company in the customer environment.
- Assist dispatcher with planning route to ensure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Maintain contact with the dispatcher on a continuous basis and report any delays or problems.
- Maintain truck mileage log as required by DOT regulations.
- Perform routine inspection on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Document pre-trip and/or post trip inspections when applicable.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Unload products, via donkey if required, at customers’ sites.
- Provide customer service any time it is necessary.
- Complete paperwork required by customer or Harrell’s.
- Secure load prior to each run.
- Must represent Harrell’s in a positive manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local ordinances affecting this position.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and programs.
- Maintain valid driver’s licenses, forklift certifications, medical certifications, and endorsements (Hazmat, Tank, etc., site specific) required to perform responsibilities.
- Ensure timely processing of system information and proper documentation concerning inventory transactions (shipments, transfers, receipts, changes in cost/price, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Two years’ experience as a commercial driver and operating a forklift.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have a current and valid CDL driver’s license (Class A or B License, site specific).
Must maintain valid medical certification.
Must maintain valid Hazmat certification (site specific)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must show good knowledge of geographical area to facilitate efficient routing as well as the ability to read directions and a street map to plot delivery if necessary.
Able to carry out a series of work instructions without constant supervision.
Ability to tip and roll a three hundred pound drum of chemicals with proper technique and equipment
Ability to communicate effectively.
Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
Prolonged sitting and driving a heavy duty vehicle – must be able to climb, sit, see, hear, grasp, and steer a vehicle in motion.
Communicating with internal and external customers - must be able to talk, hear, see, and comprehend; must be able to use a mobile phone.
Load and unload trucks – must be able to lift minimum of 60 pounds regularly in order to load and deliver products, some manually as well as with a forklift, must be able to stand, walk, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, bend, and grasp.
Work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
Must be able to work in severe weather conditions, both heat and cold.
Exposed to various traffic conditions and possible construction.
Occasionally may be exposed to noise levels that exceed a normal threshold.
May be required to travel overnight (site specific).
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Must wear steel-toed boots.
Recommended: Safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, back brace, and safety attire as noted by guides provided in specific areas. These items will be provided by Harrell’s upon request.
Personal Protective Equipment must be worn in accordance with SDS recommendations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Harrell’s LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Protected Veterans/Disabled.
This company will provide Equal Opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, GINA, and age.
- Home at night 90% of the time
- Schedule Monday - Friday
- No weekends!