The Solutions Specialist role will focus on promoting and selling our chemical products and other products to potential and existing customers, while meeting and exceeding sales target objectives. This Solution Specialist will deliver the desired customer service experience during normal chemical visits or dispatches in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilites
The goal of this position is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, as he or she maximizes customer retention and increases profitability through sale of solutions.
- Responsible for keeping all accounts adequately supplied with solutions and selling our chemicals to new and existing customer accounts traveling throughout the assigned territory through physical visits at own expense each month.
- Develop and manage new relationships with customers, planning and demonstrating a detailed understanding of both the customers sector and business challenges.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate records of new, pending and existing chemical accounts.
- Average at least one new solutions account each month (not including accounts acquired from equipment sales), making sure all paperwork is complete and forwarded to office personnel upon new account set-up.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance of yourself as well as your vehicle.
- Represent Harrell’s Car Wash Systems in a professional manner at all times.
- Keep accurate records of top 5 prospects, activity reports, prior and current weekly planner and any other reporting’s ensuring all the necessary paperwork is completed and forwarded to the appropriate person(s) by 8 a.m. every Monday or as required.
- To continually update customer information, organize and maintain all customer files and prospect sheets making sure office personnel has correct copies.
- Meet with management at least once every quarter to review our services and their needs.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques as well as recommending system improvements in a professional and friendly manner.
- Place all chemical orders to the office by noon on Friday for delivery the following week. It is your responsibility to ensure all your customers orders are in at the appropriate time, even the accounts that call in their own orders.
- Have accurate signed expense reports at the office by the 5th of every month. (non-qualified expenses will not be reimbursed, must have an accurate receipt for all expenses).
- Ensure no solutions or parts are returned without prior authorization from appropriate personnel. RGA (Returned Goods Authorization)
- Keep all accounts signage updated and in good working condition.
- Be available by cell phone during business hours. (Company issued cell phones are for business use only).
- Have a Blue Coral signage agreement on file at the office for all Blue Coral accounts.
- Have Solutions Manager approval on all samples, signage and for any special pricing and orders.
- Five years’ experience full-time in a related field.
- College graduate preferred.
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Have a strong self-discipline, detail oriented, flexible, and be customer service minded.
- Communicate effectively and have a willingness to assume responsibility.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to plan each day effectively.
- Pass drug and urine screen.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee must be willing and able to drive long distances to jobs and work long hours as required.
- Tolerate extreme heat and/or extreme cold.
- Work throughout the week, out of town and stay overnight, if required.
- Delivery of chemicals may be required at times.