Responsible for delivering and setting up food and beverage service in the ‘ritas. He/she assists in the preparation of food service supplies. Reviews orders for proper presentation and completeness prior to delivery and service.
Must possess Basic English reading and writing skills.
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to handle a 27-inch oval food server’s tray, ranging in weight from 20 to 35 pounds.
Ability to move throughout the hotel/casino and their assigned suite continuously during their shift.
Ability to push and/or pull 40 to 50 pounds on wheels.
Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Must present a professional and pleasant appearance that guests will find appealing and approachable in order to engage in conversation.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to become familiar with the ‘ritas menu and preparation procedures.
Ability to familiarize with wine and spirits menu, service and knowledge.
Ability to follow directions.
Age - minimum of 21.
Two years of food service experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that all food items requested and necessary supplies are obtained and delivered in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the delivery schedules of amenities, and food and beverage orders to best accommodate the guests.
- Provides direction and support to bus persons.
- Facilitates the immediate accommodations of guest requests.
- Follows all applicable safety precautions applicable to food service areas.
- Treats guest with courtesy and respect.
- Is at all times appropriately groomed and wears the uniform provided.
- Ensures that all items are presented in accordance with department guidelines.
- Clocks guest check out and in.
- Closes guest checks upon delivery.
- Serve beverages to guests upon delivery.
- Performs side work to include, but not limited to filling sugar bowls, salt/pepper shakers, folding napkins and general organization of storage areas.
- Complete service preparation functions as required.
- Obtain food and beverage orders from any of the hotel outlets as requested by the guest.
- Know the location off all rooms, suites and meeting rooms, as well as the best route for deliveries.
- Pickup dirty dishes from the guest’s room.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Provide information on all outlet menus and their hours of operation.
- Be familiar with up coming events and related hospitality functions, bars and deliveries. Works at a fast pace in a diverse environment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Understand room service standards.
- Assist with special events as needed.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver in and around throughout the restaurant.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, push, and pull when necessary.
- Must be able to handle more than one function at a time by being well-organized and attentive to details.
- Must fully understand standards of position as management may direct.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in the kitchen areas.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Preference is given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.