Protects company assets and provides a safe environment for our employees and guests. Provided emergency medical assistance when necessary.
· High school diploma or equivalent and two years experience in a position with direct guest contact required.
· Must be able to prepare effective written reports.
· Prefer individual with two years police, military police, or casino security experience.
· Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
· Must be able to obtain Alcohol Awareness, First Aid and CPR certifications.
· Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
· Must present a well-groomed appearance.
· Current certified/license as an EMT by the State of California.
· Must have valid California Driver’s License with no DUI’s or Suspensions within the last three years.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for the safety and well being of guests and fellow employees.
· Gives directions and provides escort to customers in need.
· Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities, including testimony in court and other administrative hearings.
· Makes chip fills, jackpot verifications.
· Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money-handling positions.
· Provides first aid, including CPR when necessary.
· Patrols all sections of property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
· Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policy.
· Makes lost and found detailed descriptions of people and incidents.
· Enforces all company policies and procedures.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
· EMT must be present for each gaming session.
· Must be currently certified/licensed as an EMT by the State of California.
· Primary first responder to all medical emergencies for guest and employee injuries and illnesses.
· Provides emergency medical/multi-media first aid and determines requirements for emergency treatment off-property.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
· Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
· Must be able to physically restrain adults who weight more than 200 pounds.
· Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads, and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
· Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
· Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
· Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
· Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
· Responds to visual and aural cues.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Preference is given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.