Harper & Sons, Inc., a third-generation, family-owned and operated, energetic commercial construction company is seeking a Project Superintendent for projects primarily located on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Applicants should be self-motivated, able to work without direct oversight, possess the ability to troubleshoot and identify problems, and take initiative to expedite the on-site construction process.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from start up through punch out.
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Read and comprehend project specifications and drawings.
- Anticipate building conflicts and construction problems before they occur and find solutions (Must be proactive!)
- Report to the Project Manager any issues, and request information for materials and subcontractors
- Maintain a safe and clean project site
- Develop and communicate project schedules, and notify subcontractors and vendors of their requirements
- Interface with project owners, inspectors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers.
- Coordinate multiple subcontractors to work efficiently on-site at the same time.
- Verify that work completed maintains high standards of workmanship and adheres to original plans, specifications, and approved submittals
- Keep project log and hourly time reports
- Minimum (7) years overall experience in Construction, minimum (3) years experience in Project Superintendent position. **Preference is given for commercial renovation experience, site work experience, and concrete experience.
- Proficient in reading and comprehending plans and specifications
- Excellent understanding of details of commercial construction
- Strong team leadership qualities, excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate and give direction to construction workers
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented, and proactive in anticipating and solving problems!
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Experience with computers and email is required, preference given for Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
- A clean driving record, back-ground check, and random drug-testing are required.
Harper & Sons, Inc
Why Work Here?
Harper & Sons, Inc is celebrating 51 years in business in 2019! We are looking for motivated candidates to join us for a successful future.