Computational Biologist- Genomic Data Scientist
$110,000 - $120,000 base salary + relocation + bonus! POSSIBLE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Do you want to be on the cusp of the next big agricultural breakthrough? You can be the driving force to push massive change with driving teams for AI and ML for the entirety of the United States, and alter how food is distributed, grown, and improved in locations globally. Focus on genomic and statistical data to improve the lives of farmers and growers the world over.
Based in Durham, a specialized agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources is looking for a team of computational biologists. These members should have expansive Data Science and modeling skills, while being able to bring their knowledge of genomic and genetic data forward for innovation and product advancement. The core business is focusing on building automated decision tools using artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive our complex algorithmic development and work with alternative data sources.
Aiming to harness the value of our operations team's immense collection of data is a huge business initiative, and the firm wants to hire a highly-skilled Machine Learning Engineer and recent graduate with a knowledge base in genetics to drive innovation for future success. The role is for a collaborative team member who is a deep thinker and will have a powerful voice in driving company growth. They live to create hypotheses, solve problems, and present any and all assumptions back to essential stakeholders by owning the solution from end to end. If you want to consult on the biggest issues across the agricultural world, you're applying to the right role.
- Data science experience in a biological area, genetic analysis, genome association, using DNA/RNAseq, molecular genetics, etc,
- Expertise in machine learning and data mining techniques - Feature engineering, regression, classification, clustering, time series analysis etc.
- Building prototype code for the integration of new algorithms to exploratory analysis, construct relevant variables and perform sample design
- Defining data requirements to build complex predictive models to drastically improve business operations
- Research and development for data-driven analysis on structured and unstructured data sets
- Act as a key consultant to recommend and develop innovative solutions
- Analyzing large, complex data sets, solving problems using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques ( NLP & Text Mining Experience, predictive modeling, statistical experience)
- Work collaboratively with engineering and product management teams to flawlessly communicate and present out to stakeholders and clients
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will likely have the following skills and experience:
- ONLY CONSIDERING Masters/Ph.D. degrees: in Computational Biology, Biology, Physics, Statistics, or Computer Science, OR RELATED (Preferably from a strong Agriculture or Genetics program)
- Applied Machine Learning experience on LARGE datasets, with applicable genetic experience
- Prior experience with advanced Mathematic and statistical modeling, and applying it to data mining methods (GLM/Regression, Trees, Clustering, SVM, Time Series analysis etc.)
- FLUENT in Python and/or R, Java, Scala programming!
- Skilled in data warehousing, cleaning/transforming data for future engineering, and leveraging visualization tools like Tableau
- You are highly team-oriented, focusing on COLLABORATION and INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
- Strong verbal and written STORYTELLING abilities
A competitive base salary of $110,000 - $120,000
***POSSIBLE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL ***
Machine Learning| Python| Tableau| Data Science| Statistics|Agriculture | Genetic Data