- Posted: over a month ago
HarmonyTech,Inc., looking for an experienced scrum master / SAFe Angellist to oversee and guide scrum teams. The scrum master responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments. You will be working with an outstanding team using cutting edge technology to support the success of a critical organization that affects the community at large, allowing you to make a difference.
To be successful as a scrum master you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding scrum master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
The position requires Public Trust Clearance, and U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Using SAFe agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow SAFe agile values, principles, and practices
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role
- Experience with design and delivery of Agile SDLC processes
- Experience with delivery of SAFe Agile (e.g., PI Planning, Iterations/Scrums)
- Experience with performing Agile activities (e.g., Writing EPICS/Features/User-Stories, Backlog grooming, Sprint planning/retrospectives, Pointing, etc.)
- Experience with Agile tools (e.g., JIRA, IBM Jazz, Azure DevOps)
- Agile certification (e.g., SAFe)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred
If you are interested and feel that you would excel in the position, we invite you to apply. During this phase of our recruiting effort, we will not be able to accept telephone calls. Only those candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted. No recruiters please.
We have been delivering information technology services and solutions across the Federal government and commercial clients for over a decade. Our employees are the most important assets of our company because they delivery value and care for our clients. We are a company of passionate technologist constantly evolving in our understanding and application of technology to best fulfill our client’s mission needs. We operate under a flat and efficient organizational structure to ensure our hand-picked consultants have the flexibility to take risks and be innovative. We typically work in small, agile teams as we design and develop solutions to address our client’s business challenges. Our success is measured with every satisfied customer and employee.
Why you want to join us
- You have a passion for solving our customers complex business problems
- Awesome learning and professional development opportunities
- A culture built on teamwork and excellence
HarmonyTech offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (company contributes 80% of the entire premium)
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Click the benefits package link above to check out the benefits we offer
HarmonyTech believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. Additionally, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of HarmonyTech.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?