Join a Cohesive Senior Living Team!
Opening Winter/Spring 2020
Come grow with us! Harmony at Savannah is seeking a phenomenal Life Enrichment Director to join our exceptional Senior Living team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans and develops an effective resident activities program, including a variety of leisure and educational opportunities and activities for participation of residents of all ages, interests and physical limitations.
- Plans a monthly program of activities for all levels of care (i.e., AL and MC) per Harmony Senior Services guidelines.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a daily activity program in compliance with Harmony Senior Services guidelines and standards.
- Communicates program schedules and activities through facility newsletters, bulletin boards, activity events, etc.
- Coordinates resident transportation to groceries, doctors, shopping, leisure activities and other resident activities.
- Coordinates regular programs such as resident birthday recognition's, maintaining resident directories and birthday lists.
- Organizes and leads off-site outings for residents; providing transportation and safe coordination for participants.
- Organizes facility activities for group and individual participation.
- Establishes and leads resident psycho-social groups as appropriate.
- Meets with each new resident to complete the Resident Life Profile.
- Consult regularly with families regarding resident’s participation in activities.
- Oversees programming budget and maintain expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees volunteer opportunities. Recruits volunteers and community volunteer organizations to provide programs and activities for residents; Trains and recognizes volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body, such as the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals; or has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one year of which was full‐time in a long-term care setting providing programs for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other related Dementia.
- Be a Certified Dementia Practitioner or Eligible for Certification.
- Maintain applicable state requirements of dementia specific training.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct communication, written and oral with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to work responsibly & independently as well as a team player.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Must have experience in planning, organizing and executing a varied schedule of life enrichment opportunities for all levels of seniors from those who are very active to those with cognitive impairments resulting from Alzheimer’s and related dementias; Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff. Ability to supervise team members and set up and train volunteers
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or eligibility to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Why work for us?
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Paid Employee Referral Program
- Awesome Staff & Employee Recognition Program
- Free Dementia Training
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Great Team Members
- Happy Staff
Apply Today!! We look forward to speaking with you!
Harmony Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer