Job Title: Secondary Special Education Teacher
Harmony Hill School is looking for a special education teacher to join our team. The candidate should feel comfortable teaching a variety of subjects such as English, History, Science and Leadership. Candidates should hold Rhode Island certification in mild/moderate disabilities grades 6 - 12 and be comfortable implementing and modifying grade level curriculum. The candidate should also be comfortable implementing de-escalation techniques.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support, accommodations, supervision and attention to all students at all times.
- Develop and implement IEPs for assigned students.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate the daily educational program for assigned students.
- Assist in the state testing of students as well as any other evaluations as necessary.
- Write progress reports or any other type of report on assigned students and maintain communication with parents and other parties connected to each student.
- Work as a team member within Harmony Hill School’s framework.
- Actively participate in all academic and treatment meetings for assigned students.
- Participate in all mandated trainings.
- BS or BA
- Rhode Island certification in Special Education, Mild/Moderate Disabilities grades 6 through 12.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience preferred.
- Comfortable with de-escalation training.
- Understanding of how emotional disabilities and learning disabilities impact student learning needs.
Reports to: Education Director
Classification: Exempt, Regular Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Starting at $38,000 annually and up depending upon specific RI teaching certification and years of relevant and related teaching experience.
Benefits: Harmony Hill School is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.
· Valid Driver's License is required.
· Required work authorization: United States
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
For more information about our school and treatment programs, please, visit our website at http://www.hhs.org