Cooking School Coordinator
Harmons Holladay, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Cooking School Chef by overseeing the cooking school business operations, acting as the customer’s point of contact for the cooking school, actively promoting and marketing upcoming cooking school classes events, and performing front of the house responsibilities during classes and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
· Assists the Cooking School Chef to ensure the cooking school is clean, well-maintained and meets company standards of appearance
· Assists the Cooking School Chef in managing the operations of the cooking school under the direction of the Store DirectorOversees the business and front-of-house operations under the direction of the Cooking School Chef and Store Director. These duties include but are not limited to:
*Posting classes and events on the Harmons website
*Communicating regularly with customers through written and verbal means
*Maintaining class rosters, including guests’ dietary restrictions
*Processing customer payments
*Facilitating private events by communicating with the customers and Cooking School Chef, ensuring menus are decided, guest counts are verified, contracts are signed, and payment is taken in a timely manner.
*Ensuring an excellent customer experience in all classes and events
*Tracking metrics as assigned by the Cooking School Chef, Store Director, and Cooking School Director
*Setting up for, taking care of guests and assisting the chef during, and cleaning up after cooking school classes and events, unless not needed as deemed by the Cooking School Chef
*Representing the Cooking School at weekly Manager Meetings if the Cooking School Chef is unavailable
· Delivers excellent customer service while acting as a point of contact and front-of-house manager for the cooking school classes and events
· Actively promotes, and creatively and effectively markets, cooking school classes and special events
· Assists the Cooking School Chef in create new and exciting class content
· Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
· Works with the Cooking School Chef to continually improve cooking school performance and sales
· Receives feedback from customers through surveys and other means regarding cooking school classes and special events
· Sets a professional and positive example to others
· Communicates effectively and works closely with the Cooking School Chef
· Communicates openly and frequently with Store Director
· Ensures company standards for safety, sanitation, and productivity are maintained
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
· Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
· Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A two-year college or technical school degree in culinary arts, marketing, or other related job field; two years of catering experience; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Compentency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Compentence in phone and email etiquitte
· Ability to prioritize tasks, balance friendliness with efficiency and maintain focus while multitasking
· Have a current TiPS Certification and Food Handler’s Permit
· Have front-of-house skills such as serving, hosting, table setting, and basic cleaning skills
· Possess a good working knowledge of food quality, dietary restrictions, culinary sanitation and hygiene, and kitchen safety and food presentation
· Be approachable, personable, and passionate
· Ability to interpret policies and procedures
· Proficient organization and planning skills
· Possess solid communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse groups of people
· Ability to professionally and appropriately handle conflict
· Ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team of which you are a part
· Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
· Possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons mission, the Harmons Cooking School mission, and a commitment to working collaboratively
· Continually strive to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detail minded, consistent, and forward focused
· Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of infrequent exposure to hot, cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 30 pounds from location to location.
HarmonsWhy Work Here?
Come grow your career with Harmons a locally owned comapny since 1932. Always looking for remarkable people
Harmons isn’t your average grocery store, and our associates are anything but average. They are talented, friendly and they are the heart of our stores. They make Harmons a great place to shop and even a better place to work!
4675 S Holladay BlvdHolladay, UT
EducationView all jobs at Harmons