Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, a boutique law firm in Washington, DC serving the nonprofit public interest community, is seeking a full-time Office Manager. A successful candidate will have a bachelors degree, 2+ years of experience supporting an office in an administrative capacity, excellent computer skills, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Must have a positive attitude, be dependable, detail-oriented, flexible and a self-starter who is highly organized with the ability to multi-task. Must be adept at and eager to learn new legal technology and software including PCLaw, Time Matters, and Worldox. Previous law firm experience is not required but would be beneficial to the role.
Our firm specializes in nonprofit tax, election, and employment law for progressive organizations and the funders and individuals that support them. The Office Manager provides basic administrative support to our attorneys and staff and oversees office operations and policies in order to maintain an efficient workplace. The Office Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Business Manager but will assist each of the partners and attorneys with various tasks.
Responsibilities fall under several areas and include:
- New client intake including conflict checks and engagement letters
- Managing inputs and reports for firm docketing system
- Updating information in various databases (Time Matters, PCLaw, Constant Contact)
- Maintaining law library, including orders and renewals
- Setting up client web meetings
- Overseeing annual rate change letter process
- Preparing annual professional liability application
- Reviewing, updating and creating new procedures as necessary
- Managing reception area including answering phones, greeting visitors, and processing mail
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Word processing, printing, scanning for attorneys
- Inputting time for attorneys
- Planning firm seminars and events
- Planning internal firm social functions (birthday, summer/holiday parties)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks and projects
- Overseeing monthly billing process including preparation of bills, edits, and transmission to clients
- Responding to client inquiries re: billing matters
- Preparing checks for client filings
- Making bank deposits
Systems & Facilities Management:
- Assisting Business Manager with management of firm IT systems (phones, computer, network, document management system, etc.) and vendors
- Day-to-day computer systems management, troubleshooting, repairs, and upkeep in conjunction with IT managed services provider
- File and records management
- Liaison with property management and building staff
- Liaison between firm and vendors
- Assisting Business Manager with space planning and potential future buildout and/or move
The above describes general job duties and responsibilities and is not a complete listing of job duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
We are a group of attorneys and staff who believe deeply in our clients and want to help them achieve success. We are looking for an Office Manager who understands our attorneys, staff, and clients and aims to keep them happy through a smoothly running workplace. Candidates with the highest integrity and can-do attitude who want to solve problems will succeed in this role.
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, is located in downtown Washington, DC and is easily accessible by public transportation. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position with a competitive salary, 3 weeks of vacation plus sick days, generous medical benefits, 401k with match, and annual profit sharing. Due to COVID-19, our staff is currently working primarily remotely but the Office Manager will need to be in the DC office 2-3 days per week for mailings and bank deposits.
Please apply with resume, cover letter and salary requirements at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/harmoncurran. Resumes without a cover letter explaining your interest in this role will not be considered.
Harmon Curran is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply, including people of color, women, and individuals with disabilities.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP