Project Architect - Multifamily Housing
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Architect (PA) role requires an individual with a passion for housing across a wide spectrum from market rate to affordable to senior housing and who is familiar with the nuances and complexities of each. This individual is nimble and enjoys applying his/her/their talents through all phases of the project, from the earliest of stages including pursuits and proposals, through the construction administration and close-out phases. HED is looking for an architect who thrives in a collaborative working environment, has strong technical and detailing skills, is a critical thinker, fluent in BIM and who possesses the leadership skills necessary to guide the architecture team and the foresight for effective coordination with project collaborators.
- Leader and coordinator of small to large scale projects and diverse architecture teams
- Responsible for overall project delivery and oversight to ensure design and technical quality
- Collaborate with engineering and other consultants.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services as defined by the HED Design Process guidelines.
- Mentor staff as necessary within teams to improve project performance and encourage staff professional growth
- Direct staff and develop strategies for project delivery.
- Responsible for the communication of design intent through documentation across schematic design to construction administration phases.
- Responsible for document required code research for project.
- Responsible for material and product research as required for project development.
- Schedule and participate in internal and/or external project meetings as required by scope and schedule.
- Coordinate with team to provide written documentation where needed.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports as required.
- Create and manage the project work plans and schedules
- Establish and monitor discipline hour budgets and staffing needs with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the profit goals established.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet HED expectations for quality and project performance.
- Manage the bidding and construction administration and close-out phases in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services proposal process and execution of the Owner/Architect and/or Sub-Consultant Agreements as required.
- Review invoices for conformance with work progress
- Support Principal-in-Charge and the Business Development team in new pursuits
- Balance project quality with financial performance.
- Maintain excellent project communications with clients and their representatives. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal in Charge or Architecture Discipline Leader.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Architecture degree
- Architecture license required by successfully passing the ARE.
- California Licensure preferred
- Proficiency utilizing the California Building Code
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in A/E industry with at least five of those in housing
- Understanding of housing funding mechanisms preferred
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Experience in detailing of Types I, III, and IV
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff and delegate work assignments.
- Proficient in BIM/Revit as well as Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience in Revizto, Rhino, Bluebeam, MS Project, Concept Board and Deltek preferred
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- A desire to grow, contribute and make a difference
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Harley Ellis Devereaux
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Harley Ellis Devereaux