Countee Cullen Community Center is an after-school program serving over 300 students in the critical, and challenging school years. Supporting students who are not in the Promise Academy charter schools, the program provides academic help and leadership development, as well as high school and college preparation. Students participate in weekly discussions and activities around subjects such as lifetime decision making, identifying values, communication and critical thinking, resume building and interview techniques, social etiquette, conflict resolution, and community service, among others.
We are currently seeking an Office Aide to provide general office support. This person must possess excellent communication and organization skills, and have a strong understanding of front desk operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact when meeting and greeting all visitors and staff
- Responsible for receiving phone messages and transferring information to appropriate parties
- Perform general administrative duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, and ordering supplies
- Must have knowledge of timekeeping
- Prepare memos and time cards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- The ideal candidate has an Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or is attending college
- Excellent writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.