We are seeking part-time Safety Officers to work approximately 30 hours per week to provide the safety and welfare of students and staff at all HCZ buildings for the morning shift. Safety Officers report directly to the Safety Director, Assistant Director and Site Supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the person responsible for providing for the safety and welfare of students and staff at all HCZ buildings
- Actively assist in supervising general behavior in corridors, lunchrooms, restrooms and school grounds during the hours when HCZ is open
- Maintain decorum and order on school grounds, at HCZ events and in the vicinity of HCZ as directed by the Director or Administrator
- Monitor the buildings at all times, including the monitoring of lavatories periodically during the day
- Comply with the strict regulation against sitting down and socializing
- Respond promptly to the signal for calling the Security Officer
- Maintain incident records
- Present written descriptive reports for major incidents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid and up to date, 8 and 16 hour Security certificates; New York State Security license required
- Must have related experience that required excellent judgment and the ability to act calmly and quickly under pressure
- Ability to work morning, evening, and/or night shifts
- Rotate various HCZ sites as needed
- Health level and physical characteristics suitable for security duties
- Required criminal history background check, physical, and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. AND Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.