We are currently seeking part-time Food Servers to provide outstanding dining services to HCZ community’s cafeteria, while exceeding hospitality and service standards. As a server, you will be an ambassador of the HCZ Kitchen core values. You will be responsible for educating and interacting with students, guests, and staff members, while ensuring that the serving area processes run are performed efficiently. This position reports to the Lead Server, Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, and Executive Chef. This position is ideal for someone with restaurant service experience and excellent leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, a “can-do attitude”, and will be an excellent a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for plating meals according to proper portion sizes
- Responsible for the set-up, breakdown and re-set of serving lines; and after meal service.
- Assist with stocking, as needed, all side stations and other designated areas with proper supplies and items prior to the start of each meal service.
- Maintain sanitary conditions; implement and practice a “Clean as you Go” to keep areas clean and safe. Practice safe, sanitary food handling and service.
- Maintain and replenish salad bars during meal periods.
- Maintain and replenish milk chest as needed.
- Responsible for knowing daily menu, salad bar and possible allergens they may contain.
- Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items while looking for ways to increase breakfast and lunch participation.
- Get student customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) during non-service time
- Completion of additional tasks requested by a management team.
- Participate in service training
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customers service
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the food service/customer service
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- High School Diploma
- Basic culinary knowledge of product identification, terminology and production
- Holds a valid NYC DOH Food Protection Certificate
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Individual is responsible for achieving on site certifications provided by employer
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.