The Countee Cullen Community Center has served as an inspiration and model for programs across the nation. Countee Cullen works with children from kindergarten through high school, supporting them academically and offering them exposure to the arts, music video production, computer-based music, photography, and dance.
We are seeking a Part-time Film and Photography Arts Specialist with expertise and an understanding of how to adapt a Film and Photography curriculum to an after-school setting. The ideal candidate will be able to teach students to present. They will be able to expose students to available technologies and programming through a designed curriculum and through a series of projects designed by students. The Film and Photography Arts Specialist must be able to motivate and maintain the interest of students while setting a positive example. Additionally, the Film and Photography Arts Specialist must take a sincere, active, and appropriate interest in the well-being and success of all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage a group of 15-20 students in a curriculum exploring Film and Photography as a tool for project-based learning
- Design a curriculum to introduce students to the world of Film and Photography and a variety of programs such as Final Cut and Adobe After Effects
- Coordinate Film and Photography based trips, special events, student showcases, and other activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Expertise in Film and Photography
- Bachelor's degree preferred with at least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-demand learning environment
- Create basic lesson plans
- Familiarity with electronic attendance tracking
- Ability to document and maintain student progress notes
- Ability to effectively engage students
- Patient, motivated, well organized, with exceptional communication skills
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes for children and families residing in Harlem
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 4pm – 7pm.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.