Are you looking to leverage your extensive experience as an Assistant Maintenance Manager with strong ammonia and refrigeration expertise as well as lean manufacturing in the food industry?
THIS GREAT POSITION LOCATED IN ONLEY, VIRGINIA, WITH RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MAY BE AN IDEAL NEXT STEP FOR YOU!
If you meet these requirements and are open to relocating to Iowa for this opportunity--please read on and ensure that your resume is complete and current and that you answer the attached Screening Questions for consideration.
Thank you for your interest!
- Working now in a food-industry (preferably poultry) Assistant Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor role in the food industry with 5 to 10 years of manufacturing maintenance experience with ammonia/refrigeration experience required..
- Bachelor’s degree is REQUIRED--ideally in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management or similar
- 10+ years of equivalent maintenance management or plant engineering experience.
- Ammonia certified is preferred; must have experience working with ammonia systems
- Project Management certification, Six-sigma certification, kaizen, and other lean manufacturing training and experience.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing leadership experience. Must have the title manager and have supervised supervisors in a maintenance manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of maintenance or engineering background in a refrigerated / temperature controlled manufacturing setting. Prefer foods experience
- Strong mechanical or electrical manufacturing knowledge. Prefer experience with packaging equipment (wrappers, baggers, fillers, cappers, injection molding), processing equipment (slicers, mixers, blenders, conveyors, PLC’s, hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Able to coach, teach and mentor tradesmen to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Able to read schematics and blueprints
- PLC Programming is a plus
- Well versed with Preventative maintenance software, implementation experience is preferred
- Knowledge on continuous improvement principles such lean manufacturing, industrial engineering principles, six-sigma, kaizen, statistical process control, 5S, TQM, TPM, JIT, value stream mapping, poke-yoke and similar
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, effective team building skills, proven ability to deliver results, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize and the ability to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations
- Military veteran is a plus
- Have computer proficiency in Microsoft office; preventative maintenance software such as Asset Controller a plus
To be considered for employment you must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and you will not require employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Please note that a relocation package is offered if you do not live in that area already.
****Please note that a set of mandatory Screening Questions accompanies this job posting. Please answer all of those questions when submitting your application for this position and confirm your eligibility to work in the United States for now and in the future without employer sponsorship as required for this role. Thank you.***