This opportunity is for a Senior HR Manager with extensive knowledge of labor relations and Labor Laws and a minimum of 10 years of experience working in the CPG (consumer packaged goods), food, or beverage MANUFACTURING/PACKAGING (not foodservice or hospitality) industry specifically with high-speed packaging with familiarity with Lean Six Sigma manufacturing processes and practices. Relocation assistance is offered, and the location is near Green Bay, Wisconsin.
PLEASE ANSWER THE ATTACHED SCREENING QUESTIONS TO BE CONSIDERED AND ENSURE THAT THE RESUME YOU ARE PROVIDING IS 100% CURRENT. THANK YOU!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of Labor Relations (UNION) experience required with strong, first-hand experience in such a capacity
- Minimum 5 years related progressive HR Management experience required in a manufacturing plant--preferably food, beverage, or CPG (consumer packaged goods) in a multi-line high speed manufacturing environment
- Good job stability is important to this client so they are seeking candidates with no more than two jobs in the last six years and at least 18 months in the current role as a full-time employee (not contract work).
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Must have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of human resources and employment practices (selection, interviewing, job evaluations, contract administration, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years direct HR experience required, including a minimum of 4 years in an HR Supervisor or Manager role.
- Experience in human resources function in a manufacturing environment, in the beverage or F&B or CPG packaging industry.
- Continuous Improvement/LEAN oriented mindset
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Very strong employee labor relations experience required.
- Strong knowledge of labor relations and labor and employment laws required.
- Must be available to relocate in a timely fashion of one month or less to the Sacramento/Napa area in California if not already within a commutable distance of one hour or less
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Must be PERMANENTLY eligible to work in the United States with no sponsorship of any type required for now or any and all points in the future as none is available.
- Must be able to relocate to the Green Bay, Wisconsin, area in a timely fashion of one month or less if you do not already live within a commutable distance of one hour or less.
The Plant HR Manager is responsible for overall organizational capabilities of a 350+ union employee high speed consumer packaged goods food & beverage plant located in northern Wisconsin. Must have strong labor relations experience managing daily union related grievances. He/she will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and build workforce capabilities to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics. The successful candidate will be an active participant of the plant leadership team and Supply Chain HR leadership team and have the talent and experience to build relationships with internal clients and members of the company-wide HR team. This role requires strong HR generalist knowledge to deliver the full scope of HR services and be viewed as a trusted HR business partner.
- Provide HR expertise to all levels of management and be regarded as an employee advocate for a plant of 300 to 750 employees at peak in a union environment.
- Direct report responsibility over HR Generalist & HR Specialist employees.
- Deliver and execute high-quality and consistent HR processes and services.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends changes to increase performance, reduce costs, and positively impact HR metrics through analytical approaches, including the tracking of key data and analyzing trends.
- Champion HR initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness, including performance management systems, talent development, organization design, and cultural development.
- Manage talent acquisition for all roles at the plant.
- Partner with plant leadership team to drive employee engagement.
- Drive talent development through talent planning processes, coaching and delivering training.
- Manage payroll and HRIS services for the plant population.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate benefits for H&W, 401K, LOAs, FMLA, and disability benefits.
- Manage unemployment claims.
- Partner with Environmental Health & Safety resources to manage workers’ compensation claims
Please note that by applying to a position, you may be included on a mailing list and that our firm may send career opportunity updates via email from time to time.
Learn more at www.HarlanRecruitingGroup.com
Harlan Recruiting Group: Manufacturing including CPG and Food ManufacturingHarlan Recruiting Group was founded in 1996 and has placed professionals in all sizes of companies. Please note that by applying to a position, you may be included on a mailing list and that our firm may send career opportunity updates via email from time to time. Learn more at www.HarlanRecruitingGroup.com