Hargis + Associates, Inc. is seeking a full time CAD Drafter to join our San Diego Office supporting the development of detailed plans for groundwater remediation-related facility/infrastructure design projects. Projects will include above/below-grade pipeline design projects, and treatment facility design/rehabilitation projects. We are interested in a candidate who is hard working and a team player with the desire to learn and expand their knowledge and skills.
CAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Work with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Plant 3D to create detailed construction plans for groundwater and soil remediation projects.
- Set up backgrounds, existing utility research from GIS, record drawing review, plotting and base mapping.
- Utilize existing Company design details, templates, tools as needed to efficiently develop plans.
- Work with project engineers towards staged level of completion submittals and final design submittals.
- Maintain project drawings within Company standards.
- Transfer information from red-lines to AutoCAD.
- Assist with preliminary layout.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have CAD training program certificate, technical/Associates degree in engineering or related field, or equivalent technical work experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D. Full understanding and highly proficient.
- 1+ years’ experience drafting utilities.
- Understands engineering symbols, plans, and related drawings.
- Understands drawing techniques and skilled using 3D modeling.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to interact and communicate well with others.
- Working successfully in a team environment, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-deadline changing environment.
- Exercise good quality control philosophy.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-deadline changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and sound written/oral communication skills.
- Able to work overtime if required.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and willingness to learn.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with underground pipeline design a plus.
- Experience with Plant 3D.
- Knowledge of model space, paper space, XREF, AUTOCAD Release 2018.
Hargis + Associates, Inc. (H+A) is an environmental consulting and engineering firm founded in 1979 with a commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective services for our clients. We are headquartered in San Diego and have offices in Sacramento, CA, and Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our practice focuses on large facility investigation and remediation projects for Fortune 500 clients where we provide responsive, practical and innovative solutions for the treatment of soil, vapor and groundwater contamination. H+A also provides hydrogeologic and engineering services for groundwater resources assessment, storm water management, and environmental regulatory and litigation support. H+A employs a staff of approximately 60 hydrogeologists, geologists, engineers, industrial hygienist, and project support personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.