- Posted: over a month ago
Haren Construction Company is looking for a full-time, project estimator to join our team in Etowah, Tennessee.
Haren Construction Company, Inc. specializes in water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, commercial and industrial types of construction.
Estimators gather, analyze, and prepare detailed, cost information to determine the cost of a construction project. Estimators will identify the labor, materials, and time required to complete a given project by studying proposals, blueprints, job specifications, and other related documents.
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for multiple trades and scopes of work such as concrete, steel, excavation, etc.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine the required scope that is not already indicated.
- Establish schedule durations based on quantities and solicit subcontractor schedules in coordination with the Chief Estimator.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of scope definition and communicate pricing requirements clearly to subcontractors.
- Proficiently utilize estimating software tools: isqft, BlueBeam, Agtek, and others.
- Attend estimate reviews with project management, design team, and owners.
- Visit job sites to gain an understanding of estimate accuracy and impact.
- Develop subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Gather historical data from past/ongoing projects for use in future estimates
- Assist with document management for the project, including receiving drawings and specifications, providing the proper file structure and distribution to all parties.
- Prepare comparison analysis to the previous estimate for assigned scope.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinate with the project team to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work.
- Supervise interns as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields.
- Advanced understanding of construction processes, principles, materials, and tools.
- Proven experience with technology and related technical writing skills.
- Preferred experience with estimating software tools: isqft, BlueBeam, Agtek, and others.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Innovative attitude with strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Full-Time Position
- Competitive Salary
- Following 58 days of full-time employment, you may be eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Following 90 days of full-time employment, employees are eligible for 401(k)
- After 6 months+ of continuous employment, paid vacation is offered
- Paid holidays and personal/sick leave
Haren Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). As such, Haren Construction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Our employees are our greatest resource and Haren Construction is fully committed to their safety. With our safety program and full-time safety manager, we work hard to provide every employee with safe working conditions.
Haren Construction Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace, so all potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug screen.
We utilize the E-Verify program to electronically verify the employment eligibility of potential employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Haren Construction Company
TechnologyView all jobs at Haren Construction Company