IT - Network and Systems Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Network and Systems Administrator
Reports to: IT Director
The Information Technology Department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives the organization’s business systems including network and systems infrastructure. These are in support of administrative, distribution and logistics locations in the Americas and Asia. The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for the complex discovery, planning, design, construction, testing, implementation, operations, and support of IT systems and networking infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to VMware vSphere, Active Directory and AAD, Cloud services including Azure, AWS, Google, and others, SSO, ADFS, Office 365 administration, SCCM, and Windows Server, networking equipment including switches, routers, and edge devices like firewalls and IDS/IPS. This role also ensures reliable backups and restores from the file to the system level.
• Research, recommend and implement IT infrastructure including storage, computing, networking, and security.
• Create and maintain operational documentation for all IT infrastructure and systems.
• Research, recommend, and implement full infrastructure DR solutions.
• Research, recommend, and with end-user support services, BC solutions.
• Produce accurate, timely, and effective reporting as needed for all IT infrastructure topics.
• Project Manager responsibilities for IT infrastructure and services initiatives.
• Systems administration including Windows and some Linux servers.
• Account administration including all authentication domains, SSO, MFA, etc.
• Install, configure, document, maintain, test and operate backup services for systems and networks.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers and associated systems.
• Document server and various technology platforms.
• Monitor system performance and implement improvements.
• Cloud services including Azure, AWS, and Google.
• Ensure and maintain systems compliance with policies.
• Provide on-call support as required.
• Take ownership of issues and maintain a high level of credibility in the organization.
• Provide vision and direction to improve process reliability, performance, and service level agreements.
• Subject matter expert around servers, networking, storage, backups and authentication domains.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Outstanding skillsets in investigating and remediating cybersecurity issues.
• Expert technical knowledge in Active Directory and AAD, Azure Cloud, SSO, ADFS, Office 365, terminal servers, and Windows Server.
• Expert with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Ability to automate activities via PowerShell and other scripting tools.
• Adept at creating and maintaining documents, spreadsheets, and detailed drawings using MS Office Suite and Visio.
• Demonstrated technical expertise with networking configurations and equipment, such as Cisco or other leading wired and wireless network hardware providers.
• NAS/SAN storage.
• Ability to analyze complex data, synthesize into valuable, relatable information, and present findings to management.
• Knowledge of firewalls and network edge security devices and services.
• Knowledge of Project Management principles.
• Outstanding customer service traits.
• Exceptionally well organized with exacting attention to detail.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work under desks, and in confined spaces such as network closets and similar.
Education, Experience, Licenses, and Certifications:
• 4+ years’ experience in a global corporate environment with more than 50 servers and 350 users.
• Bachelor of Computer Science degree or related; equivalent experience will be considered.
• Industry certifications preferred MCSA/MTA, VCP, CCNP, GSE; other Microsoft, Google and network and security certs.
Hardware Specialty Co., Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
During the COIVD Pandemic, all employees may be required to complete a daily online health assessment, wear masks when unable to social distance, wash hands frequently, handshake free zone, adhere to company travel restrictions, and all CDC requirements.
Hardware Specialty, Co., Inc.
48-75 36th Street Long Island CityNew York, NY
Get fresh Network Systems Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!