The Applications Engineer – Milling is responsible for tasks in support of sales and after sales activities for our CNC machines, with a primary focus on Milling Products. This position will provide on-site and remote technical support for direct sales people, customers, and distributors. This position can be based in either Elmira, NY or Elgin, IL and will support activities across North America.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology or Technical Certification Program preferred. Will consider non-degreed applicants with relevant job experience.
5-7 years of experience in CNC Machining with a focus on milling applications required. Turning and Grinding experience a plus. Experience with CAD required. Experience with Fanuc controls required. Experience with Siemens and Mitsubishi controls a plus. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Experience interacting directly with customers is preferred.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of Fanuc controls
- Fluent in CAD/CAM CNC Programming
- Knowledge in proper tooling selections based on machining requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to represent Hardinge in a professional manner
REPORTS TO: Manager Direct Sales, Americas Region
LOCATION: Elmira, NY or Elgin, IL
- Review customer requirements to determine proper machine and process selection.
- Conduct training classes both in-house and offsite as needed.
- Perform machine demonstrations, time studies, feasibility studies and sample parts in support of sales including installation of machines.
- Tradeshow and Open House application support as needed.
- Assist in prototype machine PLC and option testing of mechanical and control software functions.
- Conduct required run-offs/validation for sold machines prior to shipment.
- Technical phone support for customers, salespersons and distributors.
- Keep current with new technology by attending training seminars or taking courses.
- Travel required up to 60%.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays and long-term disability. Hardinge Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veteran/Disability