MUST BE BILINGUAL-SPANISH!!!! FRESH FOOD OR PRODUCE QUALITY CONTROL PREFERRED!!!!
Primary Job Function
The position is responsible for the overall functions of quality control and food safety while executing (regulatory/SQF/HACCP/GMP) practices and policies respectful to food quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for adhering to quality, food safety and food security regulations and policies (FDA, USDA, SQF, HACCP, CGMPs)
- Perform quality and food safety checks accurately and timely and record results;
- Monitor raw materials and products throughout production to ensure quality and food safety;
- Perform calibrations to ensure accuracy of instruments and tools;
- Inspect production area to identify any potential safety hazards and report non-conformances;
- Maintain clean workspaces, utensils and equipment to meet food safety guidelines;
- Work closely with operations team to complete production schedule with safe, quality product;
- Responsible for ensuring all records are accurate and up-to-date on a daily basis;
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned;
- Ability to work in cold and wet environment standing and walking for extended periods of time with flexible hours;
- Good understanding of quality, food safety, sanitation and hygiene policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of product quality and food safety testing and inspections;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to multi-task and time management;
- Capability to follow instructions and procedures and willing to be trained;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Good team working skills and the aptitude to work alone;
The QC Technician is responsible for ensuring raw material, product and packaging quality and food safety during production by accurately conducting tasks and visual observation, while ensuring all regulations and policies are adhered to.
On a regular and continuous basis, exercises sound administrative judgment and assumes responsibility and accountability for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, quality and/or food safety.