Project Manager -- Sheet Metal
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a Project Manager with experience in sheet metal looking for your next position in the construction industry? Harder Mechanical Contractors is looking for you! As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for oversight of the planning, scheduling, and executing your assigned project. You will coordinate with your project team and field labor to ensure the work is completed safely, on schedule, and up to Harder Mechanical’s quality standards. The project manager is responsible for the project budget and maintaining a strong relationship with the client.
This role supports all the market sectors in which we work and is a mid-level to senior position at Harder.
- Fully understand every aspect of the project scope
- Build strong relationship with the client
- Proactively engage in open and honest communication with the client
- Oversee the budget and schedule and provide ongoing progress updates to all stakeholders
- Manage all team members, from project engineers to superintendents to administrative support
- Assume responsibility for successful project outcomes including schedule completion, adherence to budget, and customer satisfaction
- Provide regular status reports to client and company
- 10+ years of project management experience, preferably with a focus on mechanical systems
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of people including suppliers, field crews, designers, and owners
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks on an ongoing basis
- Relentless commitment to teamwork and client satisfaction
- Basic computer competency, including Microsoft Office and Bluebeam
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
Nice to Haves
- Interest in LEAN construction principles
- Passion for ongoing learning and keeping up with industry trends
- Ability to travel to other regions to gain exposure to additional markets and industries
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous retirement package
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Team environment that promotes individual growth
This position is salaried.
Harder Mechanical is a large, nationally recognized contractor with an outstanding reputation for working safely, meeting tough schedules, delivering a quality project and coming in on budget. Based in Portland Oregon, we work primarily in the 11-western states with regional offices in Reno, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Austin, TX.
For over eighty years, Harder Mechanical has continuously refined its processes, creating safe environments from which our skilled staff can focus on the quality craftsmanship we demand. As the needs of industry evolve, we apply our expertise to each new challenge. For each industry we serve, Harder stands as the leading service provider in the region. We have found strength and stability in our diversified skill set. By providing quality service to all of these industries, Harder continues to be strong and ready regardless of fluctuations in individual industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Powered by JazzHR
Harder Mechanical Contractors
ConstructionView all jobs at Harder Mechanical Contractors