Commercial Driver -- 27/hour
- Posted: over a month ago
Harder Mechanical is looking for an experienced commercial driver to join our team. The core responsibilities of this position will be to facilitate daily deliveries between our warehouse locations from AZ west/AZ central and to our project sites throughout the Phoenix valley.
In addition to the daily route, the commercial driver will assist the warehouse staff with loading and unloading equipment and materials.
- Daily deliveries between our existing fabrication/warehouse sites using a 24’ trailer with 12’ flatbed truck and 24’ stack bed delivery trucks
- Identify issues and efficiencies to help improve our delivery process
- Partner with warehouse employees and field personal to load and unload trucks
- Work hours are 5:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday (with potential of overtime as needed)
- Class C driver’s license with clean driving record
- Experience pulling trailers 24’ in length using 12’ flatbed truck
- Experience driving forklift to assist in loading and unloading trucks
- Strong attention to detail to recognize issues before they become problems
- Must be able to read and understand packing slips to pick up and receive materials and equipment
- May need to pass a background check to access secure areas on project site
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time, crouch, kneel, lift, and move heavy items (up to 50 pounds)
Benefits (Wages and benefits provided by UA local469)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement package
This position is hourly at $27.00 per hour with full benefits.
Harder Mechanical is a large, nationally recognized contractor with an outstanding reputation for working safely, meeting tough schedules, delivering a quality project and coming in on budget. Based in Portland Oregon, we work primarily in the 11-western states with regional offices in Reno, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, CA; Austin, TX; and Salt Lake City, UT.
For over eighty years, Harder Mechanical has continuously refined its processes, creating safe environments from which our skilled staff can focus on the quality craftsmanship we demand. As the needs of industry evolve, we apply our expertise to each new challenge. For each industry we serve, Harder stands as the leading service provider in the region. We have found strength and stability in our diversified skill set. By providing quality service to all of these industries, Harder continues to be strong and ready regardless of fluctuations in individual industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Powered by JazzHR
Harder Mechanical Contractors
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Harder Mechanical Contractors