EMPLOYEE LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER
The Employee Labor Relations Manager is responsible for overseeing the employee relations and labor relations aspect of Human Resources. The Employee Labor Relations Manager will be responsible for collaborating with an internal team of Human Resource professionals to support internal union and non-union environments through the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and policies. They will act as a key point of reference regarding employee relations activities and will serve as the primary contact with the bargaining units.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Provide advice and guidance as needed during contract negotiations, grievance meetings as well as facilitate meetings with union representatives.
- Assist with collective bargaining procedures, including drafting, reviewing, and modifying proposals, and suggesting additional rules and regulations as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors and Managers to create a collaborative positive working environment.
- Address team member grievances and verify compliance with contractual protocols.
- Assist ER Specialists in the management of labor grievances as needed by investigating circumstances of the incident, the validity of claims, adherence to contract policies, and completion of resolution procedures.
- Coordinate with direct reports and other departments to create and sustain positive employee relations environment and facilitate effective communications between employees and management.
- Develop and present information briefings for management to improve understanding of Labor Relations and promote improved contractual and management solutions.
- Support Human Resources during crisis situations, including labor disputes, to facilitate effective negotiations and resolve issues quickly.
- Support HR with the facilitation of communication with employee issues.
- Maintain all sensitive information in accordance with our policies on Confidentiality and the Code of Ethics
- Develop and implement practical and effective policies and procedures and recommend modifications to existing practices based on changing environments or organizational needs.
- Ensure management adherence to existing policies and procedures. Facilitate proper resolutions to situations involving complaints, policy and procedure violations and interpersonal conflict.
- Investigate complaints of harassment or misconduct. Resolve situations to appropriate conclusions involving all related parties.
- Make recommendations to managers on appropriate corrective action based on written policies and procedures and circumstances of specific situations. In cases of recommendation for separation of employment, prepare all documentation for the review of the Regional VP Human Resources for approval
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to appropriate management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Partner with HR Manager to determine turnover patterns and assist in driving engagement activities that drive sustained employee retention and satisfaction.
- Perform work regularly and adheres to all Indiana Gaming Regulations.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend seminars and training courses to stay relevant with labor and employee relations.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources (of which, at least 1 year must be in a leadership equivalent role), or a combination of training. At least 1 year of labor relations experience working within the bargaining unit space.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Indiana Gaming Commission.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as be able to flex shifts based on business and employee related demands.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to delegate responsibility and motivate and manage a diverse group of team members to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices, labor law and organizational development.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Research, analyze, comprehend, and act upon information and be aware of the business environment in order to effectively manage areas of responsibility.
- Ability to set clear direction for the ER Specialists to ensure the successful execution of the strategic plan.
- Ability to apply different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the organization in the short and long term.
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical and effective motivator.
- Skill in developing successful working relationships with management, peers, and subordinates within department and outside of the department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Skill in coaching and developing others’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities and providing staff with clear direction and line-of-sight in regard to their respective roles in achieving the business strategy.
Hard Rock InternationalGary, IN
Get fresh EMPLOYEE LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.