Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City Sioux City, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION: Staff Accountant
PROPERTY: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
REPORTS TO: Controller
Performs clerical accounting work involving the preparation, processing, classification, checking, reconciliation and maintenance of financial documents for reporting accounts and accounting data in a general accounting system for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Assist Controller with daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and develops and monitors controls and procedures to ensure such compliance
- Assist in special projects as required by Management
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reconciliations
- Assist in review of daily revenue verification
- Maintain Fixed Assets
- Process payroll bi-weekly
- Maintain all prepaid contracts, licenses, etc.
- Accounts Payable responsibilities, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must have ability to:
- Effectively communicate with all levels of team members as well as outside contacts.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Able to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Use computer keyboard and 10-key.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in an accounting position.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain confidential information.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing Gaming Commission license. Arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the Property's programs to address problem gambling.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member's department.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with the Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
AddressSioux City, IA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City