- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leading global production and post-production company is seeking an experienced Dailies Operator to support the growing dailies team in New York City. Responsible for supporting the Dailies Pipeline Manager and Dailies Colorists in the processing and delivery of client media, this individual will also play a role in the global dailies platform and will have the opportunity to travel on and near set for certain productions. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive working knowledge of the dailies process for both feature and episodic workflows, show a quick, adept eye towards organization, and be able to pivot freely between various stages of the dailies process in a multi-project environment. The Dailies Operator will report directly to the Senior Dailies Colorist & Pipeline Manager, with oversight from Picture Post management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Process client footage according to the specifications provided by dailies producer
· Ingest, sync sound, enter metadata, apply onset color, as well as coordinate with dailies colorists to make manual color adjustments as required
· Archive client media to long-term storage systems
· QC both processed dailies and OCN to ensure that sync is maintained, identifying issues in camera original and rendered media
· Post viewable dailies to client hosting platforms including but not limited to DAX, PIX, and Moxion
· Ensure timeliness and technical accuracy of every client delivery
· Communicate with Dailies Producers and Dailies Pipeline Manager on a daily basis throughout the duration of a project to ensure client satisfaction is met at all times
· Abide by strict security for client’s intellectual property and meet safe vaulting/storage requirements
· Shift schedule when required for work on nights, weekends, and during travel
· Travel to client production locations for short or extended periods, when necessary
· Track and report bugs or crashes related to software/hardware in a timely fashion
· Prepare, process, and deliver VFX pulls
· Other duties, as required and assignedQualifications
Required qualifications and background:
· 2+ years of experience in a film/TV post-production environment
· Proficiency with Mac, Linux OS, and Microsoft Office suite
· Working knowledge of Filmlight Daylight, Colorfront, Davinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder, etc.
· Understanding of video standards, transcoding software, framerates, resolutions, and aspect ratios
· Experience with footage generated from various digital cinema cameras (RED, Arri Alexa, Sony Venice, Panasonic VariCam, etc.)
· Experience with both facility and mobile SAN and NAS based media management, as well as LTO archiving and a solid understanding of checksum verification processes
· Basic knowledge of command line apps, computer networking, and python scripting preferred
· Basic understanding of color correction and previous experience with Linux preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Harbor Picture Company
AddressNew York, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Harbor Picture Company