The Harbor Care Health & Wellness Center of Nashua, under the NH Partnership for Successful Living provides behavioral Health and primary healthcare to the underprivileged in Nashua
Looking for a passionate & diligent Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner specializing in Psychiatric Pediatrics care.
Terrific opportunity to work a full time position at a Federally Qualified Health Center (Community Health Center funded by the federal gov't) with the potential opportunity for Student loan payoff.
Must have a desire to work with the Substance abuse disorder (SUD) population, possess deep compassion for those suffering from addiction, and have an understanding of the current opioid crisis.
Reporting to the Director of Behavioral Health and Program Managers, the PSYCHIATRIC APRN assumes responsibility and accountability for the Nursing assessment and care of behavioral health patients.
The APRN must work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team to include, Primary Care APRNs, Clinical Social Workers and Mental Health Counselors. Maintains currency of licensure and certification, functions under the collaborative practice agreement for medical aspects of care with collaborating physician, and participates in nursing and health related issues.
Provides the full scope of behavioral health care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients of various ages. In addition, an ARNP is a member of the QI committees. In that capacity, they are expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Clinic and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Clinic policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
Master’s Degree in Nursing with Advance skills in behavioral health with a minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience and or 1 year post masters clinical nursing experience.. Interpersonal Skills necessary to work productively with patients, family, common nursing staff and other team members.
Experience required with the Substance Abuse Disorder population.
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have RN licensure in NH where employed or a compact party state and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- Must have prescriptive authorization
- APRN authorization in the state where employed to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Experience providing mental health assessment & diagnostic care as a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessment including physical examinations.
- Assure necessary medication and other therapies are prescribed in collaboration with a physician.
- Formulate plan of care in collaboration with patient and a multidisciplinary team.
- Educate patient and family in order to promote wellness, prevent health problems, maintain current health status and intervene in acute and chronic illness.
- Evaluate patient and family outcomes and modify plan of care in consultation with physicians and other health team members.
- Facilitate continuity of care within the group and make referrals as appropriate.
- Position comes with a full & generous benefits package
- Apply via ZIP