Immediate Need – Either Per Diem or full time, the evening or overnight shift. Competitive pay and a full benefit package for Full time.
Job Summary: Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations, care and assessment documentation for all clients who present for services. These evaluations are performed in hospitals, community and mobile based milieus. Applying differential diagnostic skills, incumbents provide telephone triage, mental status assessment, collateral contact with family supports, extended evaluations, resource screening, referrals for psychiatric consults, and assessments for appropriate disposition. Responsibilities:
- Provides emergency crisis evaluations and all related service delivery requirements for youth, adult and geriatric populations in multiple settings, including alliance vendor hospitals, our clinic, community based settings in the region and/or on-site.
- Provides assessment, treatment interventions and crisis counseling.
- Manage the acute phase of clients presenting in behavioral health crisis; assess, triage and refer clients to the appropriate services.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with hospital based staff and other providers in order to effectively serve all clients in crisis.
- Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
- Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
- Answers telephone as needed and provides timely, appropriate assessment and determines next steps in support for clients with behavioral health needs.
- Meets productivity standards as defined by estimated delivery of services (productivity is continuously assessed by program management).
- Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
- Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
- Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
- Be willing to work non-traditional shifts in order to staff this 24/7 program as needed
- Other related duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate must be one of the following; LICSW, LMFT, LCMHC, Licensed Psychologist, or Master’s Level Counselor eligible for independent licensure in the State of New Hampshire
The individual must have experience and training in emergency psychiatric services working with adults, youth and their families, including training in de-escalation strategies and emergency services system of care.
A qualified candidate must achieve effective outcomes and demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills.
A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
All qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable vehicle. Travel and an ability to meet persons served in a variety of outreach settings is required
Educational and Professional
- At minimum Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling or related field
- Experience in diagnosing mental health/substance abuse disorders, motivational interviewing, solution focused counseling, and providing psychotherapy
- Must be eligible for independent licensure by the New Hampshire Board of Mental Health or equivalent New Hampshire State Board
- Current NH driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Two years working in a mental health setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Evidence Based Treatment modalities, Recovery Oriented Systems of Care, Patient Centered Treatment, Mental Health First Aid, medication assisted treatment and community resources.
- Experience providing case notes and properly documenting assessments
- Strong MS Office skills
- Must understand and protect client confidentiality
- Physical requirements include ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; pick, pinch, type or otherwise work primarily with fingers
- Knowledge of major mental illnesses and appropriate treatment interventions. Knowledge, understanding and application of appropriate treatment, intervention and ethical standards.
To Apply: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6152146.jobs?ApplyToJob=201618754
Back to Top