Administrative Assistant Membership and Events
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harbor Dental Society, established Oct. 6, 1915, is a successful non-profit organization with over 700 members who are dentists and specialists who live and/or practice in Long Beach and the immediate surrounding cities. Harbor Dental Society seeks an Administrative Assistant of Membership & Events who will, under the direction of the Executive Director, manage the day-to-day activities of this non-profit trade association.
The successful candidate must have strong computer, communications and administrative skills who is detail oriented, well organized to complete duties and meet deadlines and is a team player, open to learn new skills as needed with a positive attitude to help the association achieve its mission and goals.
The successful candidate will have great customer relations skills, a strong sense of personal accountability, and the ability juggle many responsibilities at once. The position will be responsible for regular interaction with, and support of, members, events, and committees of the association — including day-to-day membership and event inquiries via email and phone, answering phone calls from the public seeking to find-a-dentist, managing event registration and promoting the events to members and vendors, the creation and dissemination of email promotions and online news for members (via Constant Contact), basic website maintenance/updates, and maintaining membership and vendor relations when dealing with events in-person and online (GotoWebinar/GotoMeeting). The individual will actively support planning for local programs and events, including speaker coordination, marketing and promotion of the events, and venue and vendor (exhibitors, sponsors, advertisers, endorsed services) coordination.
· Technical office skills: Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Word, Excel, Publisher, and digital communication tools for composing emails (Office 360) and creating graphics for email blasts (Constant Contact – training is available). There is daily input data into a member relationship management system (CompPlus) and training will be given on how to use it effectively. Familiarity with conducting online polls via SurveyMonkey/Google docs is preferred.
· Written Communication: Compose professional emails to members, industry vendors interested in exhibiting, advertising, and sponsoring continuing education courses/speakers and be able to write content for the website news section.
· Verbal Communication: Correspond in a professional manner with the executive director regularly and members, committee volunteers, the board of directors and industry vendors as well as the public seeking to find a dentist or specialist or low-cost dental clinic in the local area. Verbal phone and in-person communication skills are essential. Being bilingual is a valued asset.
· Organization skills: Upkeep a file management system, both a physical one and a computer one, and should be adept at storing and retrieving physical and electronic files for the membership and programs committees.
· Time management: Mindful of finishing duties with strong time-management skills including being punctual, meeting deadlines, readjusting priorities when unforeseen issues arise and planning your day efficiently.
· Attention to detail: Pays careful attention to detail, completing job assignments when there are predetermined deadlines, and writing professional emails with no spelling errors is important. Office communications are sometimes sensitive, needing close attention to email addresses and members information. When completing data-entry duties, you should be able to submit the correct information repeatedly and pay attention to details in correspondence to members and vendors and volunteer leaders and submitting accurate membership and event reports when completing everyday duties.
· Problem-solving skills: When schedules or meetings and events change or new challenges arise, you are expected to be able to think quickly, be flexible and be creative and ask for help and collaborate with the executive director and volunteer members to help resolve issues and participate in productive discussions with a good attitude, patience, comprehension and retaining details to find alternative options through compromise.
· Self-initiator: It is important to be able to work autonomously and efficiently processing information once trained, follow instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
The Executive Assistant is hired by the HDS Executive Director and is under the Executive Director's direct supervision. The Executive Assistant assists the Executive Director in all assignments, including but not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility to answer all incoming telephone calls and to greet visitors/members
- Primary responsibility is to attend members’ inquiries in a timely manner including dental staff of members, and provide appropriate dental referrals and information to the public
- Primary responsibility to pick up incoming mail and drop off outgoing mail daily
· Primary responsibility of coordinating payables and receivables on a weekly basis with Executive Director oversight
· Primary responsibility of processing credit card transactions, deposit slips and drop off deposits at bank
· Primary responsibility to setup and manage online and in-person registration at HDS meetings and events
· Primary responsibility to maintain email lists for Constant Contact, digital Journal, Website and Online CE
· Oversee office supplies and replenishing in coordination with Executive Director
· Coordinate maintenance/repairs of all office equipment and maintain postage for mailings
· Assist with printing, collating, folding, stuffing of mailings and membership and event registration packets
· Complete any other tasks as determined by the Executive Director.
Committees and Board Meetings to assist with:
· Continuing Education Programs / Social Events
· Annual Leadership Strategic Planning with Board of Directors
· Quarterly Board of Directors Meetings for Harbor Dental Society
Harbor Dental SocietyWhy Work Here?
Harbor Dental Society offers great benefits with a free designated parking space, centrally located near great restaurants.
4010 Waston Plaza Dr.Lakewood, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Harbor Dental Society