Warehouse Shipping/Receiving (Automotive Parts) - Harbor Chevrolet & Hyundai
- Posted: over a month ago
Harbor Chevrolet has been Loving Long Beach Since 1923. We are right around the corner from our 100th Anniversary and we are looking for the right people to join our team.
Harbor Chevrolet has one of the largest Service and Parts operations in Southern California and we are growing at a rapid pace. We also have a giant wholesale parts operation that services dealers, body shops and customers all over SoCal. We need qualified candidates fast to help us manage this growth. We are breaking records and having a lot of fun at the same time.
To celebrate our 100th year, we are also building BRAND NEW state-of-the-art facilities for both Chevrolet & Hyundai (new showrooms, new service bays, new/expanded parts facilities). We are so excited to share these facilities with our team and customers. A facility to match our rich history!
We are a family owned and operated GOLDEN RULE DEALERSHIP (We Treat Others the Way We Would Want to Be Treated). One of our core values is “HIRE NICE PEOPLE.” Our family culture is VERY IMPORTANT to us, and it will be protected. If this describes you and the environment you would thrive in, please continue…
We also offer unmatched OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT, and we generally always promote from within. We are a career opportunity / oriented dealership and have many testimonies we can share about co-worker promotions, pay advancement and length of employment.
We are also a VERY BUSY AND FAST PACED dealership. We have more work than we can handle and have never sent someone home due to lack of work, opportunity, or things to do. We don’t come to work to wait, we come to work to work.
WHAT’S THE JOB / OPPORTUNITY?
Advancement, growth, training opportunity for a SHIPPING & RECEIVING SPECIALIST IN OUR PARTS WAREHOUSE to work and thrive in our dealership. This is a great, “foot in the door” opportunity that could lead to a career. Our goal is to promote from within, so if you are looking for a career in automotive, we would love to hear from you.
The Warehouse Team supports our retail and wholesale parts operations. Your whole work life revolves around PARTS: Receiving, order fulfillment, unpacking, packaging, stocking, organizing, tracking, shipping, rotation, locating PARTS! Looking for a flexible, “whatever needs to be done” person who is detail oriented and plays nice with others.
Some basic working knowledge of cars, or previous applicable experience is preferred.
DID SOMEONE SAY BENEFITS?
We have a killer benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid Training
- Opportunities to Advance
- Employee Purchase Program
- Family Owned (and Run) Dealership
- More details at the interview process
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Work Ethic
- Show up on time and ready to work
- Strong understanding of the service drive
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Frequently move items weighing as much as 50 pounds
- Constantly working in outdoor conditions
- Mainly working in a standing position
- Order fulfillment (bulky items) and freight management.
- Print, cross check, priorities, manage workload and troubleshoot problems so that customer orders are dispatched quickly and accurately.
- Assistance in unpacking package and cross checking from supplier invoices.
- General warehouse duties including stock rotation and keeping the warehouse tidy.
- Prepares orders for shipments by preparing trucks for shipments; palletizing and wrapping orders; boxing orders; loading pallets and pieces into trucks; puts packing lists properly where they need to be; and completes the necessary paperwork
- Receives product into the store by unloading trucks using forklift, pallet jack or by hand.
- Distributes checked-in products by stock picking stock, filling bin boxes, facing cartons, checking for product mixing, and rotating product where needed.
- Locates merchandise effectively.
If this might be a fit for you, please carry on. We're excited to see you application / resume.
Thank you for considering our family of dealerships!
Scott Pitman, Owner / Operating Partner
Miguel Reynoso, Fixed Operations Director
Automotive Service, Parts, Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving, Order Fulfillment, Packaging, Inventory, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Used Cars.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
AddressLong Beach, CA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Harbor Chevrolet