Happy Tax is the fastest growing tax preparation company three years in a row according to Entrepreneur Magazine. We operate multiple brands including GetHappyTax.com, HappyTax.com, CryptoTaxPrep.com and CryptoTaxAcademy.com. What makes Happy Tax standout from other traditional tax preparation companies is we have patent pending technology that separates the front end from the back end of the tax preparation process. CPA's focus on the tax preparation while franchisees and contractors take care of the initial sales. Happy Tax's technology and processes, gives customers a fresh new experience with none of the hassles traditionally associated with preparing their taxes, meeting them anytime, anywhere including house calls.
What You'll Do
Work from home to lead, enhance, build and strengthen our process, systems and people in our virtual tax department. We are hiring based on careful balance of relevant experience, cultural fit, and motivation. Must be great with understanding, implementing and rolling out new technologies while creating a great work environment for your team that consists of Team Leads and 100 or so virtual tax professionals. You will be part of an industry changing executive team that cares deeply about creating better customer experiences and work environments.
- Your house or office. No exceptions. Remote position.
Type of Employment
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Pay: Willing to look at experienced people who use this as their "in" to the company, and can scale pay accordingly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The salary is not all you will make. All team members are entitled to stock options and yearly bonuses. We are raising capital through multiple channels and we expect there to have liquidity in our shares in the very short term. At the end of tax season, we assess everyone's performance and give bonuses accordingly.
- Be Part Of A Happy Team: We see ourselves as a team of people who are working hard together to accomplish a specific mission (become the default tax preparation business opportunity for business owners and the go to tax prep service for consumers), in service of a larger purpose (create time for what matters). Yes, every company says they take culture seriously...and most are full of it. We don't just talk about our culture, and then ignore it in action--we live this mission every day, and we have a pretty awesome set of principles that we live by as a team, because this is the operating system for our tribe, and everyone in our company lives these principles).
- Freedom: Once you're established, you can work from home, work while you travel, make your own hours--we don't care. We only care that you produce the necessary results (that's one of our core values in fact).
- Make A Real Impact: We are a small start-up (still under 15 full time year round team members that scale drastically during tax season) and you will be a major part of our team, and help shape our growth. Not only that, you won't just impact the company, you'll impact the world. Taxes and entrepreneurship are two of the very best ways to influence other people and change the way they think--and you'll be helping to make them a reality.
- Fun & Fast-Paced Work: We don't have boring days. Some are hectic, some are hard, some are incredibly rewarding...but they are never boring and never exactly the same. That's what happens when you're solving real problems for people.
- Meet Interesting People: You're not just working on any tax franchise. Our company is winning awards regularly for our growth and innovation. The people that are part of our team are truly a special bunch. You'll get to work hand in hand with some of the most amazing and experienced professionals in the space.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this job. Most importantly, we are hiring based on careful balance of relevant experience, cultural fit, and motivation:
- Are organized and completes tasks timely without intervention
- Solve problems independently
- Improve processes and technology
- Has experience implementing technology and operational efficiencies
Areas of Accountability
- Meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Hiring and training for tax department including large seasonal staff during tax season
- Managing team of US home based tax preparers
- Identifying staff development skills for direct reports and creating developmental plans to improve performance
- Overseeing flow of tax returns in our assembly line process
- Ensuring tax returns are done on time and accurately
- Oversight on customer experience and satisfaction with our tax team
- Improving systems and processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations
- Building relationships and interacting with tax clients
- Providing innovative planning, consulting and expertise to internal and external clients
- Preparing and reviewing complex income tax returns of all types
- Identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Participating in annual staff review process
- Input in tax compliance processes
- Manage department budget
- Work with the Chief Tax Officer to coordinate tax examinations / audits
- Worked in capacities where excellent client relationships were formed
- Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting or finance preferred but not required
- CPA Certification is a plus but not required
- 6+ years prior experience in tax preparation with knowledge of individual, business, non-profit and estate/trust returns
- Significant supervisory experience (5+ years)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task
- Quiet, private work space
- Desktop PC or Mac with two monitors or Laptop with external monitor
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Web browser - Chrome
- Virus and spyware protection software and a working firewall
- Webcam, Sound card, speakers and microphone
- High-speed Internet connection
- Corded (not wireless) telephone headset with a noise-canceling microphone
- Cell phone with unlimited talk and text
At Happy Tax, we don't just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Happy Taxis proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team.
Learn more about Happy Tax at: