CG Motion Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description: CG Motion Generalist
We are HF. We are a pioneering global creative technology and content studio that has a proven track record of working with the biggest brands to develop groundbreaking solutions, while picking up a slew of awards along the way. Clients and partners such as Nike, Microsoft, TikTok, Vodafone and Saatchi work with us to develop bespoke, cross platforms solutions, both for their consumers and their internal teams & processes.
We don’t see mixed reality as an emerging technology as we’ve been there from the start. Exploring possibilities. Crafting content. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We straddle the line between dreams and reality, our technological process and creativity bridging that gap.
We need a CG Motion Generalist for our US operations in Portland, OR. You will be joining a world-class team that strives to create the unimagined with every project. We’re looking for truly ambitious, imaginative and world class talent to take this journey with us.
You are part of a team of passionate creatives, developers and producers who create world-class visualization and immersive technology solutions that help transform customer experience, collaboration and communication. The CG Motion Generalist will be working on a range of projects leveraging their creative CG skills across stills, animation, compositing, Motion Graphics, generalist CG tasks, web-based 3D experiences and immersive projects. The ideal candidates will have demonstrable animation, compositing and motion graphics experience of working with subjects such as fashion, automotive, consumer products, people, and technology. You will support HF in creative proposals and pre-viz, and ensure that we deliver high quality animated content against the highest standards as well as participate in client interactions representing production for project scoping, creative reviews and project debriefings.
At HF, we thrive on problem solving, we are solution focused, and we value freedom and responsibility as two sides of the same coin.
OBJECTIVES AND DELIVERABLES
- Deliver the highest quality assets, images and animations.
- Work with the producers to ensure all client deliverables are product correct prior to handover.
- Ensure that all deliverables handed over to the Clients and Dev teams are pre-checked and pre-approved with no render errors or data quality issues.
- Diverse capabilities of the principles of 3D, such as animation, modeling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, compositing, motion design and graphics.
- Excellent Pre-Vis and editing skills
- Excellent lighting and texturing skills
- Excellent rendering set up skills for either GPU or CPU based rendering.
- Excellent understanding of tracking, compositing and VFX
- Good art direction and design skills (proportion, color, composition, mood).
- Able to effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Strong creative and technical abilities with attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Strong understanding of color theory
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Work well in a distributed remote team working environment.
DESIRABLE OPTIONAL SKILLS
- Good organic and non organic modeling
- Good understanding of particle animations and fluid simulations
- Good understanding of character rigging and cloth simulation.
- Photo-real shader development using the latest techniques
- Experience working within Real-time rendering engines for cinematic animation
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS
- Proficient in one or more major DCC Digital Content Creation package from the below list:
- Maxon Cinema 4D
- The Foundry Modo
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk Maya
- Proficient in at least one or more major Compositing and Motion Graphics packages from the list below:
- Adobe After Effects ( ideal)
- The Foundry Nuke
- Black Magic Design Fusion
OPTIONAL DESIRABLE SOFTWARE SKILLS
- Phoenix FD,
- Unreal Engine,
- Adobe Substance Painter,
- The Wider Adobe Creative Suite
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?