Direct Support Professional *Signing Bonus*
Happiness House Stanley, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Happiness House is a private nonprofit health, educational, residential and human service organization that has been serving communities in the Finger Lakes Region since 1969. Today with sites in Canandaigua, Geneva, Gorham, Waterloo, Rochester and Phelps/Clifton Springs, Happiness House offers an array of educational, therapeutic, recreational, residential and family support programs and services for children and adults with and without disabilities. On average, Happiness House serves more than 1,150 families each year.
Our staff consists of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals and clinicians with expertise in the areas of Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Physical, Occupational, Speech and Music Therapies, Psychology, Service Coordination, Nursing and Developmental Disabilities.
Committed to serving individuals with autism, traumatic brain injury, neurological impairments, as well as a wide variety of developmental disabilities such as cerebral palsy and Down syndrome, our staff partners with individuals and their families to support them in meeting their goals.Job Description
Provides safety and supervision of all individuals focusing on fulfilling the Agency’s Mission, Vision and Values and providing services which meet or exceed the goals of the individual, department and the agency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight to ensure safety and supervision of residents. May be required to stay on-shift after hours should there be an emergency, weather hazard, or other unforeseen occurrence.
- Provides assistance, training and supervision with various activities of daily living, helping each individual to improve their ability to live more independently, while addressing specific individualized outcomes as outlined on service plan.
- Implements health-related and medication regimens for all consumers in accordance with policies and procedures. Implements behavior treatment plans as written, following documentation protocol as required.
- Accompanies residents to off-site locations/activities, helping them to access and utilize community resources (i.e. grocery shopping, recreation, entertainment, medical appointments, banking, etc).
- Assists residents with planning and accessing recreational and social activities.
- Provides input regarding assessment and capabilities for team meetings/progress updates, etc. Attends meetings as requested.
- Acts as a role model for program participants by interacting with others in a professional and respectful manner, dressing appropriately, and using good personal hygiene.
- Maintains necessary documentation as required and per agency policies.
- Communicates regularly with agency personnel to provide opportunities for exchange of information and discussion of concerns. Provides feedback to Supervisor regarding resident and/or facility concerns.
- Assists residents in working toward achievement of their goals, while ensuring adherence to applicable Behavioral Support Plans.
- Manages crisis situations per agency policies and procedures, contacting Administrator on-call as necessary.
- Helps to ensure a positive appearance of the facility by assisting with site inspections, timely reporting of maintenance needs, performs general housekeeping and home maintenance activities, etc.
- Creates opportunities for, and encourages individuals to make as many decisions as possible, ranging from basic choices, such as food and clothing, to long term planning of life goals.
- Ensures individual care meets or exceeds established standards in areas including personal hygiene, grooming, feeding, care and respect for individual’s belongings, room cleaning, and other daily living skills.
- Provides emergency and first aid treatment, within their scope of training, as needed until relieved by other staff, a professional medical person, or other designated person.
- Attends all departmental or other related meetings for those individuals assigned to him/her. Participates and acts as a contributing member in the development and maintenance of person-centered Res Hab plans. Implements and monitors Res Hab Plans as scheduled.
- Participates in the team decision-making process and carries out decisions consistently.
- Presents a positive and professional public image. Has a polite and professional interaction with individuals, families, staff, and members of the community.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with special needs population preferred.
- Valid and clean NYS driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must obtain and maintain Medical Certification.
- Ability to complete required training classes.
To complete an application for employment please go to the following link: http://happinesshousecprochester.appone.com/
Personal CareView all jobs at Happiness House