The Senior Procurement Specialist position is responsible for driving the subcontract buyout process of major construction services (civil, mechanical and electrical) from RFP to Contract execution. This position is responsible for preparing highly complex, customized contracts which involve the integration of many diverse elements of high cost, or which entail construction projects, and master services/supply agreements. They will be responsible for overall coordination and development of subcontract agreements as well as supply agreements as needed. The Senior Procurement Specialist may be assigned lead responsibility for lower-level purchasing and/or mentors other Procurement Specialists in carrying out their assignments.
This position reports to Senior Manager of Procurement, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage the experience to optimize the procurement of major services;
- Manage RFQs/RFP process with little to no direction:
- Establish, maintain and meet bid schedule;
- Obtain necessary documents from stakeholders to create RFP;
- Obtain bids and maintain bidders list; and
- Prepare and submit bid evaluations for executive approval
- Develops and negotiates subcontract agreements and supply agreements (as needed only).
- Negotiate commercial terms in accordance to company policies and guidelines;
- Monitors the obligations of the agreement;
- Ensure that project costs are properly categorized and that a feedback loop mechanism is in place to compare and adjust estimating costs vs. actual project costs including, but not limited to production rates and cost of materials;
- Maintain accurate and complete Purchasing records in accordance with record retention procedures;
- Produce metrics that reflect operational Purchasing performance of the project; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Procurement and/or Construction Contract Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in solar and/or construction field project at the project size of over $30M in procurement of equipment/material or subcontracting
- Change order management experience
- Ability to work on own in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate professionally with vendors and contractors
- Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including but not limited to Excel
- Strong understanding of ERP systems required
- SAP Experience preferred
- Knowledge of contract management
- Customer service skills including experience in conducting Suppliers’ reviews and evaluation, and maintain good business relationships
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problem that might arise with order and in timely manner
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.