The Subcontract Specialist is responsible for driving the subcontract buyout process from RFP to Contract execution, while maintaining a current database of vendor pre-qualification and monitoring vendor performance. Prepare highly complex, customized contracts which involve the integration of many diverse elements of high cost, or which entail construction projects, and master services/supply agreements. They will be responsible for overall coordination and development of subcontract agreements and may be assigned supply agreements for purchasing as needed.
This position reports to the Procurement Manager, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage the experience to optimize the procurement of materials and/or services;
- Manage RFP Process with limited direction from the Procurement Manager, including, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare RFPs to qualified subcontractors;
- Establish, maintain and meet bid schedule;
- Obtain necessary documents from stakeholders to create RFPs;
- Obtain bids and maintain bidders list; and
- Bid evaluations by preparing bid analysis for Manager review.
- Develops and negotiates Subcontract Agreements and Supply Agreements (as needed only), Change Order and other related contract management documents
- Review, compare and evaluate subcontractor proposals and historical pricing to determine reasonable pricing and opportunities for cost savings
- Negotiate commercial terms in accordance to company policies and guidelines
- Ensure prime contract flow downs are incorporated into subcontract document
- Monitor subcontractor compliance of contract and project requirements;
- Ensure project costs are properly categorized when submitting subcontracts for approvals by comparing and adjusting estimating costs vs. actual costs including, but not limited to cost of installation and materials;
- Support Project Management Team as needed with contract information and input to resolve subcontractor issues, such as under-performance or scope gaps
- Maintain accurate and complete Purchasing records in accordance with record retention procedures; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Construction Contracts Management and/or Procurement
- Minimum 3 years of experience in solar and/or construction field project at the project size of over $30M in procurement of equipment/material or subcontracting
- Preferred experience in Solar or Renewable Energy
- Knowledge in contract management
- Change order management experience
- Ability to work on own in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to Multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including but not limited to Excel
- Strong understanding of ERP systems
- SAP Experience
- Customer service skills including experience in conducting Supplier reviews and evaluation, and maintaining good business relationships
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problem that might arise with order and in timely manner
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp.
Why Work Here?The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) project