The Sr. Supply Chain Management (SCM) Associate will provide administrative support to the Sales Planning & SCM and Sales Operations departments and will be responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery in accordance with contract agreements. This position reports to the Senior Manager of SCM or other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm, or 9:00am to 6:00pm.
This position may be required to travel domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time.
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation routes and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick-up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements;
- Understand general shipping procedures and export/import documentation;
- Verify invoices from forwarders with shipping orders;
- Continuous tracking and tracing of all inbound/outbound shipments, including daily organizing and saving of commercial shipping documents onto our database;
- Allocate inbound shipments on Master Allocation for order promising;
- Update daily inventory tracking spreadsheet, including SIP, damaged inventory, etc.;
- Track/approve spot distribution rates;
- Monthly reconciliation of stock-taking reports/create inventory reconciliation reports, including consignment, in-transit inventory, etc.;
- Manage physical inventory audits on a quarterly basis;
- Generate damage claim reports, as needed;
- Create utility project delivery schedules as needed;
- Efficient interaction between third party logistics company and customers with the highest levels of customer service;
- Adhere to existing logistics processes and apply both industry and organizational best practices;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Proactive KPI Management
- Associates Degree (AA) or Bachelor’s Degree in a business or liberal arts related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in transportation and/or supply chain
- Knowledge of transportation operational terms and best practices
- Possession of a valid passport and ability to travel overseas without difficulty
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of shipping, transportation, and logistics agents to identify and resolve product shipping and logistics issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues, and activities
- Strong interpersonal, implementation and facilitation skills
- Strong, self-motivated team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.