This represents a position in exciting new product offerings and business avenues! As the Senior Data Engineer at Hanwha Q CELLS America, you will play an instrumental role in the growth of our business, particularly in the development and introduction of strategic products and technology innovation initiatives. Although the position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, it requires up to 20% travel for technology and business engagements. It will report to the Senior Director of Products and Technology Innovation.
- Build and operate stable, scalable and optimal Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end users.
- Identify, design, and implement data processing improvement: automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Data visualization: build user interfaces per design specifications.
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions.
- Develop quality framework to ensure the delivery of high-quality data and analyses to stakeholders.
- Implement development best practices, version control and deployment strategies to ensure product quality, agility and recoverability.
- Setup, test, release and maintain data performance dashboards, internal communication intra-net and external communication portals.
- Work with data scientists to deploy data science and machine learning models.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative disciplines with 5+ years of experience in a similar role, or
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative disciplines with 3+ years of experience in a similar role, or
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative disciplines with 1+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Experience in renewable energy industry, especially experience handling energy production, consumption and equipment control time series data.
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies.
- Experience with time series database.
- Experience managing and cleaning unstructured or otherwise disparate data sources (preferably using Python).
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language, e.g., Python or Java.
- Experience with API and Flask/Django Framework.
- Experience with Tableau, D3js or Looker.
- Experience creating web portals.
- Coursework exposure to basic electrical engineering concepts and an interest in power systems/electrical grids.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Hanwha Q CELLS America
Why Work Here?Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world's largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea.
The global leader in Solar PV Cell & Module manufacturing, backed by German engineering and an industry-wide reputation for quality.