The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for setting sales strategies, managing goals and performance, and driving operations and business through the sale of PV modules and systems. This position reports to the Senior Director of Sales Planning & Supply Chain Management, or another member of senior management that the President of the Company may designate, and will require travel of up to 20%. The candidate will be based out of our Irvine, California headquarters.
- Assist in capitalizing on Hanwha Q CELLS America’s existing solar business to identify and manage;
- Research and analysis of PV market trends and customers
- Setting and managing Business Goals for US market
- Monitoring overall performance and in-depth data analysis
- Managing Sales and Operations data
- Developing hypotheses, and performing the data analysis to back them up
- Supporting Management decisions with internal and external research and analysis
- Deep analysis and comprehension of current customer, product, and market dynamics and needs; this is a critical function of the overall Q CELLS strategy in North America
- Be prepared to assist with all communications with Hanwha Q CELLS headquarters, sales entities and manufacturing facilities in the following locations:
- Sales Entities: Canada, Mexico, Korea, Germany, Japan, and some others
- Manufacturing Facilities: US (GA), Korea, Malaysia, and China
- Assist with strategic planning for market expansion and area development in conjunction with the Marketing Department;
- Collaborate with the Sales and/or Business Development teams to expand the business area for new home, residential, commercial, utility, and new channels.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Sales Planning & Supply Chain Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (engineering major preferred)
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in meetings, calls, presentations and email
- Advanced level of computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Data analysis-related experience preferred
- Fluency in Korean, both verbal and written
- Previous sales and/or sales planning experience preferred (5+ years)
- Solar PV and/or Energy related experience preferred (3+ years)
- Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time
- Ability to identify and develop key strategic partnerships
- Must be comfortable interfacing outside the company, including executive presentations, negotiations, and contractual review
- Must be self-motivated, creative, and possess strategic planning skills
- High degree of professionalism and conduct
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.