The Market Intelligence Analyst will work closely with the Director of Strategy & Market Intelligence to report Solar Market trends in North America, as well as related policy and regulation changes at the Federal and State levels, to the management team. This position reports to the Director of Strategy & Market Intelligence, or another member of senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This will be a remote position based within the continental United States and require approximately 10% travel.
- Gather and evaluate relevant market and competitor information to review market position and determine threats (daily);
- Brief Company and Executive team in response to major market events (weekly);
- Perform internal consulting and act as on-demand advisor to critical business units (weekly);
- Analyze public policy and its impact on the Company (weekly);
- Contribute to Company thought leadership at conferences and with media relations (monthly);
- Manage third-party research and strategy engagements as necessary (quarterly);
- Ensure that marketing and business decision-making are supported by timely, accurate data and analysis;
- Offer external view and market insights to assist strategic planning;
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to obtain market insights;
- Follow campaign results and reports, and review them;
- Help identify critical business questions and key information gaps, and implement appropriate methodology to address those gaps and integrate findings into the business;
- Formulate compelling stories with data to drive changes in behavior and gain buy-in;
- Organize complex topics into easily digestible story lines for management;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Marketing, or similar disciplines strongly preferred
- Strong, proven analytical abilities
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in market research and analysis
- Strong sense of initiative, urgency, organization, and accuracy
- Strong proficiency using software programs such as MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Experience in solar PV industry, a plus
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.