As a Customer Support Engineer or Specialist, this position will play an instrumental role in the growth of our PV+ESS (Energy Storage System) business, particularly in customer service, technical support, field application, and customer satisfaction areas. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact on these topics responsible for providing satisfying solutions to customers, with assistance for products, engineering, technology, sales, marketing, and legal teams. This position will be based in the Irvine or San Francisco Bay Area of California and may travel up to 20% of the time for field troubleshooting or customer satisfaction purposes. It will report to the Head of Products, Technology, and Innovations.
- Manage and cultivate customer-facing and internal focal point of assigned after-sales topics, such as PV+ESS systems installation projects, system performance monitoring, customer complaints, claims, failure validation, service vendor management, system solutions, customer satisfaction, data analysis and trending, and internal reporting
- Take ownership of customer satisfaction topics and generate results promptly
- Conduct field troubleshooting, either independently or in collaboration with service vendors.
- Monitor and identify technical barriers and escalate to management, as well as engineering teams in products, technology, and applications
- Identify customer relationship and business barriers, and escalate to management, as well as other organizations, including sales, marketing, and legal
- Collaborate with other organizations, such as sales, marketing, and legal, on formulating customer support solutions
- Identify customer support, process issues, and propose solutions to management for continuous improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in either Physical Science (physics, chemistry), Engineering (electrical, mechanical, material, chemical, energy, industrial), or in Social Science (economics, business administration) with at least two years of relevant customer support and technical experience
- Successful demonstration of customer support track records in fast-paced, high-pressure tech industry; complete projects/directions with a sense of urgency, deliver solutions and results on time
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams and individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong professional integrity and a sense of ownership of statements and assignments
- Self-motivated, requires minimum supervisions, and have a proven track record of reliability and work ethic
- Strong communication skills with customers, management, and internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Composes good business acumen, a strong sense of technical issues, customer service, and business result relationships
- Flexible, team-player, attention-to-detail, proactive and responsible working attitudes
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Candidates holding in at least one area of the following skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience in manufacturing, quality, installation, system compatibility (inverters, racking), performance monitoring, Operation & Maintenance, failure analysis, field troubleshooting, customer service of either PV products, ESS products, or Module Level Power Electronic products.
- Knowledge of PV and ESS codes and standards
- Data compilation, analytics, presentation, reporting, and interpretation of equipment, market, or business data
- Knowledge of business operations, technical sales, technical marketing
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software, such as MS Dynamics, SalesForce, or other relevant software
- Data analytics software tools, such as Excel, Tableau, or other relevant tools
- PV simulations tools, such as PVsyst, SAM, or other relevant tools
- PV + ESS project tools, such as Energy Toolbase, HOMER, or other relevant tools
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Hanwha Q CELLS America
Why Work Here?Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world's largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea.
The global leader in Solar PV Cell & Module manufacturing, backed by German engineering and an industry-wide reputation for quality.