- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
General Job Description:
The position is responsible for initiating and leading continuous improvement activities and projects in the areas of capacity improvement, efficiency enhancement, quality corrective actions and process capability/repeatability. These improvements will be accomplished through the use systematic troubleshooting skills (ie., 6 Sigma) data collection and analysis, systematic troubleshooting experimentation involving operations personnel as required.
The position is responsible for maximizing yields and quality through improvements in process control and capability. These improvements are to be achieved through sound problem identification analysis including process mapping, Pareto analysis, cause and effect analysis, and other methods.
The Process Engineer works closely with the technology, maintenance, operations, and quality departments to understand customer needs and issues, as well as current product development activities. Ongoing programs will be employed to gain/maintain a better understanding of key process variables. This includes the use of cost modeling, design of experiments, analyzing/presenting data and documentation through reports and memos. The ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously with timely execution is needed.
The Process Engineer may be called on to serve on or lead several teams, both technical and business related or to address customer needs, through corrective action teams or other quality, business and social teams that resolve quality issues. The Process Engineer is expected to maintain effective working relationships with all associates, both wage and salaried.
Core Duties/Responsibilities (I, II):
The key deliverables related to the position include but are not limited to:
1. Provides proactive leadership to work towards CpK > 1.33 on all key product characteristics.
2. Ensure that the technical and manufacturing associates are trained in any skills needed to complete their job in a satisfactory manner. This training may include mechanical, analytical, statistical and computer techniques.
3. Customer Support - Attend customer trials and assist in troubleshooting on molding and design. Develop market literature and programs (ie, Molder’s Workshop).
4. On-Line Inspection Systems - Optimizes utilization of existing system and develops/implements plans to upgrade and expand this technology (e.g., vision system).
5. Process Control Systems - Implements and maintains effective operation of process control equipment/services to maximize Hanwha Azdel’s capability to meet customer requirements, and to achieve goals related to safety, quality, operating efficiencies, and yields.
6. Experimentation/Documentation - Conduct experiments to develop a better understanding of our processes. Analyze results and properly document and report.
7. Resources - Effectively utilizes available resources in Hanwha Azdel and parent company to reach organization goals.
8. Stays abreast of new technology and methods that would improve process outputs.
Additional Core Duties/Responsibilities (Process Engineer II):
· Maintains assigned and self initiated project list focusing on process improvements. Weekly updates required showing progress.
· Drives formal root causing actions in support of customer quality complaints. Actions are documented and progress reported weekly.
· Assists in metrics reporting on a weekly basis. Weekly, monthly reporting is funneled to Leadership Team for evaluation and direction.
· Prepares required documentation to initiate and implement process improvement capital initiatives. Tracks results and reports out on savings, quality and efficiency improvements.
Additional Core Duties/Responsibilities (Sr. Process Engineer):
· Takes ownership of specific plant system and focuses on efficiency improvements to better meet company goals. (e.g. Grinding, Utilities, etc.)
· Provides mentoring to level I and II Process Engineers in all aspects of the job requirements.
· Leads focus improvement teams on a variety of improvement initiatives. (cost savings, waste reduction, OE improvements, etc.)
· Assists Process Engineering Manager on the tracking of department projects to help resolve obstacles toward completion.
· Maintains project summary of capital and non-capital projects and improvement actions.
· Seeks and obtains Green Belt certification and leads one Green Belt project per year.
· Leads operational training initiatives for all levels of production personnel.
· Leads Process Engineering training initiatives for level I and II PEs.
Minimal Qualifications or Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated proficiency in analytical problem solving techniques, good organization skills, and the ability to work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to understand mathematics, physics and engineering principles to solve complex problems in production, maintenance, quality and customer related areas.
· Demonstrated ability to correlate based on first principles manufacturing parameters with final material characteristics
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
· Experience in Paper and Pulp
· Lean and six sigma experience
· Experience with PLC programming, instrument testing, and calibration
· Electrical Engineering Degree
Hanwha Azdel, Inc.
Hanwha Azdel specializes in the manufacture of Thermoplastic Composite materials. In bringing new products to market, we go through a rigorous New Product Development (NPD) commercialization process to ensure that new products meet exacting customer requirements while being developed within expeditious lead-times.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hanwha Azdel, Inc.