Our client in Columbia, SC is looking for a Sr. System Support Analyst to join their team.
- There is a 6-month contract period (W2), after which you would then be converted to a full-time employee for our client.
- The manager prefers a candidate who would move close to or currently live near Columbia and be onsite after COVID-19 precautions are lifted. He will look at remote workers but would still want the candidate to be onsite for 60-90 days to learn the environment prior to working remotely.
Required Work Experience:
- Six years of Technical experience with systems admin, including Unix/Linus Admin, as well as Notes/Domino Administration(desired) or solid admin experience in a cloud environment administering website application ( Azure, Amazon web services, google app engine, Rackspace, IBM cloud services ETC).
- Make recommendations to management to adjust the system performance parameter.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehension of data storage techniques, database philosophy, database management, and complex programming techniques.
- In-depth understanding of the requirements for maintaining production systems and the effects of program changes.
- Comprehensive understanding of development, quality assurance, and integration methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and/or development/productivity tools and their usage in the company.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Solaris 10 knowledge.
- Understanding of troubleshooting for TCP.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Oracle database backup and recovery (RMAN and Datapump) experience.
- Experience with Oracle 11g or higher in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with Oracle database installation, upgrade and patching in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Oracle database performance and tuning experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing logs to deduce root causes.
- Database replication experience.
- Experience with shell scripting in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Java experience.
- Provide enhancement recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Analyze new/revised processes/change requests from the maintainer. Collaborate with various internal groups and external vendors to ensure all specifications are met and problems are resolved as they arise.
- Participate in the development of custom integration solutions. Review and research issues reported from external/internal customers. Evaluate interrelationships in projects to determine how changes/installations of one program will affect others
- Participate in work sessions and walkthroughs for quality and production implementations, releases, data conversion projects, and/or disaster recovery exercises. Attend implementation meetings to determine the impact on system availability and assignment of team resources for these implementations.
- Work closely with team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent. Answer questions and/or provide training for the Production Support team on the current system.
- Perform installations, configuration, analysis, scheduling, and tuning on complex projects. Ensure Production and Test environments are up and functioning properly. Perform corrective actions whenever possible to fix applications that end abnormally.