We are currently helping our client with a search to select an IT Organization Assessment Consultant.
Duration: 3 month assessment to start with potential for extensions
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
Our client, a SMB durable goods manufacturer and wholesaler, seeks an experienced IT Organization Assessment Consultant to help them evaluate their existing IT organizational design, IT position descriptions, IT role skill requirements, and internal IT processes. The consultant will propose an IT organization assessment framework and agree on IT assessment focus areas with the client. Upon agreement of the framework the consultant will meet with client stakeholders to conduct a current-state assessment of IT operations and IT personnel, compare current-state with industry best practices, design a desired future-state and IT organization roadmap, perform a gap analysis of the current and future-states, and outline improvement recommendations and implementation steps in an IT organization transformation plan.
- Understands the client's business needs.
- Assesses IT organization design, personnel skill requirements, and role descriptions.
- Leads the planning, design, analysis and presentation of an IT transformation plan that helps the client achieve customer, business and technical objectives.
- Creates communication, support and implementation plans.
- Plans and leads client-facing online and in person meetings.
- Performs assessment of client and customer environments and makes recommendations based on best practices.
- Works to identify IT requirements and leads stakeholder interview sessions.
- Diagnoses organizational IT challenges.
- Provides detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time, cost, and scope involved.
- Creates weekly project status updates.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 10+ years working in an IT Field.
- 5+ years working in consulting industry and/or 5+ years of IT organizational leadership.
- Should possess strong analytical skills, and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users with varying levels of technical proficiency.
- Proven experience in organizational assessments with a focus on technical organizations and HR capabilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- MBA advantageous.
- Passion for investigating issues to find root cause.
- Experience in supporting customer-facing services.
- Experience with network and server monitoring systems.
- Experience with cloud migrations.
- Experience with ERP and CRM implementations.
- Knowledge of database and analytical reporting languages