Under the general supervision of the AVP – Applications & Infrastructure, manages, maintains and supports the core components of the credit union’s network operations infrastructure & systems, including on-premises as well as hosted solutions. Scope includes all networking, storage, compute and virtualization technologies and covers the operating, performance, monitoring and maintenance of those systems.
(E) Essential or
1. Works with the VP – IT Infrastructure and performs the planning, development, implementation, support and lifecycle management of all physical, logical and virtual infrastructure assets including all shared networking, storage, compute and operating system assets. (E)
2. Pursues and maintains general IT and function-specific awareness through continuing education and certifications. (E)
3. Provides infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization and maintenance strategy and assists in its execution. (E)
4. Identifies, documents and implements function-specific methods, controls and quality assurance criteria that must be met when systems are migrated into the production environment. (E)
5. Identifies opportunities for, and implements measures to improve system utilization, resiliency and availability through effective management and consolidation strategies. (E)
6. Identifies and eliminates infrastructure performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations related to infrastructure assets. (E)
7. Maintains and manages our existing and future infrastructure technologies including: VPLS network, VPN connections, network core & distribution switching infrastructure, wireless infrastructure, network-layer services, SANs, physical servers, server virtualization framework, application virtualization framework, VDI framework, Windows Server Operating Systems and associated Active Directory, enterprise email server, enterprise database server(s), enterprise web server(s), file server(s), data backup, recovery, high-availability, continuity and disaster recovery systems.(E)
8. Maintains and promotes a culture of individual and team accountability (E)
9. Enforces and adheres to company policy with respect to documentation, incident tracking, service requests, change control and release management for all information technology systems. (E)
10. Oversees infrastructure patch management policies and procedures. (M)
11. Assumes additional responsibilities as needed, required or requested, from time to time. (M)
A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server applications, and high availability is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 8 - 10 years of related experience (10+ years of practical experience can be substituted for degree). A current VMware VCP certification or 7+ years of practical, hands-on experience with the current or previous release of ESX is required. A current Cisco CCNA certification or 7+ years of practical, hands-on experience is required. A current Microsoft MCSA certification or 7+ years of practical, hands-on experience with current or previous release of Windows Server is required. Usage of network, server and SAN performance analysis tools to monitor and tune systems for optimal performance.
Physical Demands/Conditions Required:
- General office environment
- Occasional travel to remote branch and office locations
- Extended hours to include evenings and weekends as needed
- Participation in off-hours escalation call tree for triage and troubleshoot of high-priority issues
General office equipment.