Under the general supervision of the AVP – Infrastructure & Applications, leads the management, maintenance and escalation support for the line of business applications and associated integrations, for both on-premises as well as hosted solutions. Scope of responsibility includes the operating, performance, monitoring, maintenance, security, patching, upgrading, escalation support and overall integrity and availability of these systems.
(E) Essential or
- Works with the AVP – Infrastructure & Applications and assists in the operation, configuration, management, maintenance, support and integrations of the credit union’s servers and line-of-business applications. (E)
- Pursues and maintains general IT and business-specific application awareness through continuing education, training and certifications. (E)
- Provides input into and assists in the execution of the design, implementation planning, deployment support, strategy, troubleshooting, performance, optimization and maintenance of the credit union’s on-premises and hosted line of business applications and their integrations. (E)
- Identifies, documents and assists in the implementation of application-specific methods, controls and quality assurance criteria that must be met when changes are planned and applications are migrated into the production environment. (E)
- Identifies opportunities for, and recommends measures to improve business application utilization, resiliency and availability through effective management and operational strategies. (E)
- Identifies and recommends actions necessary to eliminate business application performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations related to those assets. (E)
- Assists in the maintenance and management of the company’s existing and future line of business applications including: Nautilus, IMM / TotaleAtlas, DocMagic, Echoworx, Slack, Duo, Confluence, Interactive Intelligence, Sophos, Mimecast, MSOffice, LastPass Enterprise, Azure, Veeam, MS SQL, and other departmental and company resources or line of business application, and ensures the data backup, recovery, high-availability, continuity and disaster recovery systems for these systems are operational at all times.(E)
- Acts as liaison between Credit Union personnel and application vendors for problem & issue resolution. (E)
- Follows company policy with respect to documentation, incident tracking, service requests, change control and release management for core and all related systems. (E)
- Performs application patch management according to established policies and procedures. (E)
- Maintains and promotes a culture of individual and team accountability (E)
- Enforces and adheres to company policy with respect to documentation, incident tracking, service requests, change control and release management for all information technology systems. (E)
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed, required or requested, from time to time. (M)
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, client/server applications, and high availability is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of related experience (5+ years of practical experience can be substituted for degree).
- A current Microsoft MCSA certification or 5+ years of practical, hands-on experience with current or previous release of Windows Server is required.
- A CompTIA certificate in Security+, Server+ or Cloud+ is preferred.
Physical Demands/Conditions Required:
- General office environment
- Extended hours to include evenings and weekends as needed
- Participation in off-hours escalation call tree for triage and troubleshoot of high-priority issues
- General office equipment.