Advanced Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hanon Systems, a global supplier of innovative automotive thermal and energy management solutions, is seeking an Advanced Systems Engineer to join our team in our Americas Innovation Center in Novi, MI. The Accounting Analyst is responsible for general ledger. This includes auditing to corporate policy, account reconciliations, processing journal entries, analyzing flux, and providing various reports to management.
- Possess a creative/inventor mind to help identify new and innovative ideas to support customer thermal requirements.
- Act in support of the Americas regional customer base for advanced refrigerant and application projects. This includes all current and future refrigerants (R123a, R1234yf, AC6, R744) and refrigeration applications (heat pump, battery electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles).
- Demonstrate technical strengths at local and corporate levels with internal and external customers. This includes representing the company at engineering technology events, and as a liaison with current and future customers.
- Expert knowledge in heat pump systems for electrified and autonomous vehicles.
- Act as technical lead to provide timely issue resolution that positively impacts project cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Possess a working knowledge of vehicle systems, sub-systems and component deliverables to develop effective thermal system solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to component teams to ensure their product integrates well into the vehicle/sub-system.
- Preferred candidate to have a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with a BS degree or 3 years of experience with a MS degree or a PhD. Experience, however, is not a hard requirement provided education relates to thermal and refrigerant systems.
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of a BS in Engineering. Preferred candidate would possess a MS degree and/or a PhD.
Desired Competencies and Experience:
- Simulation/modeling experience using DYMOLA, GT Suite or equivalent tools.
- Extensive experience in refrigerant sub-systems application including integration into the vehicle.
- High level of proficiency in the basics of refrigerant thermodynamics and heat transfer principles.
- Possess expert problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Able to assess testing results at a system or sub-system level, and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Familiarity of with a full range of automotive customers and engineering specifications Computer skills and proficiency including the ability to guide and interpret CAE results and system design.
- High sense of urgency and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work as an effective cross-functional team member.
- Strong ability to interface with the customer.
- Demonstrate the ability to work globally and cross culturally.
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead engineering reviews including Technical Design Reviews.
- Possess ability to both teach, consult and mentor others. Willingness to support questions, consulting or advice as required.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Overtime and schedule flexibility required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hanon Systems, we provide a competitive benefits packaged focused on employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision program options
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance
Hanon Systems recognizes the critical role our employees play in the company’s success. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by supporting and promoting an inclusive working environment that embodies challenging assignments, safe and fair labor practices, and is based on mutual trust and respect.
Hanon Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Hanon Systems is a global, automotive supplier sharply focused on customer satisfaction, innovation, and growth, with a vision to be a leader in thermal and energy management solutions. For more than 30 years, we have grown by continually adapting to industry trends and exceeding customer expectations. Looking forward, we are working diligently to achieve operational excellence and delivering eco-friendly automotive thermal and energy management solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Hanon Systems