This is a Part Time Flexible Position: Guaranteed 30-38 hours per week.
Position Closes: 2/3/2020
1. Support and work with pharmacist to achieve outstanding pharmaceutical care.
2. Actively assist the pharmacist in most phases of prescription filling of new, refill and transfer prescriptions in accordance with current laws, ethics and company policies.
3. Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
4. Thorough understanding and operation of pharmacy computer software.
5. Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer focus both in person and on telephone.
6. Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information and resolution of rejected adjudication.
7. Initiate prescription renewal requests to doctor via telephone call or fax where applicable by law.
8. Understanding of pharmacy inventory control procedures, including special requirements for controlled substances.
9. Relay specific communications through detailed notes or phone conversations to technician or pharmacist processing prescription at retail drug outlet.
10. Maintain solid communication in the department.
11. Successfully apply training to everyday pharmacy practice.
12. Assist with pharmacy audits.
13. Work on other projects as assigned.
14. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions
2. File written prescriptions forms after prescriptions are dispensed
3. Maintain attendance and vacation log information
4. Share in responsibility for department maintenance and cleanliness in accordance with fixed activities
5. Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
6. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company personal appearance policy.
7. Support company's safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free of debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity and respect.
9. Maintain the quality of department's appearance and presentation.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Valid Registration in good standing in the state in which to practice.
Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required.
Effective communication and customer service skills.
Strong keyboard skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
Good problem solving abilities, ability to focus and attention to detail.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating environment.
High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
1.Stand/Sit 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2.Use hands frequently/continuously for keyboard and computer work to process prescription information.
3.Clerical accuracy skills.
4.Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
5.Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers by phone and in person.